2004 - 2008 F-150

$10000 off Lariats and FX4's??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a follow-up on the previous post about the plans, X-Plan is not for Ford employees or relatives. X-Plan is for employees of business partners or strategic partners of the Ford Motor Company.

Old 10-05-2004, 11:29 AM
Z plan members have the ability to sponser "family and friends" an X-plan pin number. I used it last week to pick up a loaded '04 Screw Lariat 4x4 that sticker'd at almost 41K. X-plan took it down to $35K, and managed another rebate or two (what I could with the 0% @ 72mos.). Ended up getting the truck for about $33K, which was smarter than taking the 10K worth of discounts\rebates with traditional financing. It's so awesome to not be paying a penny of interest!

On the flip-side, the '04s are moving like wild-fire, so if you're looking to take advantage, do it now. My first choice was blue over tan and had one singled-out, but it sold before I pulled the trigger on it. Ended up with white over tan, my 2nd choice.

Best of luck! The newer Ford's are awesome! (came from an '01 version of this one).

Frank Pulliam
Gainesville, FL

Old 10-05-2004, 12:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zoltan,

What dealer was it at in Raleigh? My dad lives near there.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by BlueFlareside
Zoltan,

What dealer was it at in Raleigh? My dad lives near there.
Crossroads Ford in Cary.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:15 PM
So with X Plan you can get special financing options too or was that just the deal you got from the dealer?

Up here in Canada there aren't so many deals with the trucks just yet.

There's 0% for 5 years that just happened, last month it was 0.9 %

A $43,000 truck will cost about $36,000 with X Plan and I guess a factory rebate. Is that good or should I wait for better? There are still a ton of trucks on the lots here. This truck was a FX4 Screw but no leather or console shift or sunroof I believe.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Sounds good, but before you get to excited, remember just who prints the window stickers. (Hint: They don't come from the factory). Now, if it's $10,000 of MSRP, that's different. When I got my truck (2000 Lariat), the sticker had as optional equipment the A/C and a few other items that come standard with the lariat package, but then they got generous and subtracted the cost of those items as a rebate. Dealers are sneaky. Best to go to the ford site and print a list of what comes standard on the package you want then match it to the dealers window sticker and question any options they add that is part of the standard package.

Old 10-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by PitbulI
So with X Plan you can get special financing options too or was that just the deal you got from the dealer?

Up here in Canada there aren't so many deals with the trucks just yet.

There's 0% for 5 years that just happened, last month it was 0.9 %

A $43,000 truck will cost about $36,000 with X Plan and I guess a factory rebate. Is that good or should I wait for better? There are still a ton of trucks on the lots here. This truck was a FX4 Screw but no leather or console shift or sunroof I believe.
I don't think the Xplan has anything to do with financing options. Seperate issue. I got 1.9% 60 months through Ford credit. Unfortunately, your "special" financing options are based on your credit not on what plan you got.

That $10000 off must be at that dealer only. I have not seen it anywhere else.

Old 10-05-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by larryp
Sounds good, but before you get to excited, remember just who prints the window stickers. (Hint: They don't come from the factory). Now, if it's $10,000 of MSRP, that's different. When I got my truck (2000 Lariat), the sticker had as optional equipment the A/C and a few other items that come standard with the lariat package, but then they got generous and subtracted the cost of those items as a rebate. Dealers are sneaky. Best to go to the ford site and print a list of what comes standard on the package you want then match it to the dealers window sticker and question any options they add that is part of the standard package.
Agreed. You need to do your homework. I know alot of dealers have their inventory on their website and you can look at a scanned copy of the window sticker.

Old 10-05-2004, 02:21 PM
I just bought @ slightly below X-plan with 0% for 72 months a week ago.

Old 10-05-2004, 03:07 PM
72 months at 0% ? Man, that sure isn't in Canada. The best our banks and Ford does is 0% for 60 months. For the past year, the 2004 F-150 hasn't had 0% unless you went 48 months.

What I would do for a 72 month 0% offer. That would make the truck payments so small. 72 months here Ford won't offer and I would have to go to a bank and pay 7% at least for that long.

I'm trying to think when's the best time to get the truck this month. Should I wait till there is only slim pickens left?

Quick Reply: $10000 off Lariats and FX4's??