2004 - 2008 F-150

Eagle Alloy 186 17x9

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eagle Alloy 186 17x9

so far best price ive found is $510 shipped for all 4. is this good or can it be matched?

also will these wheels stick out the wheel well? theyre a +2 offset and 17x9

Last edited by SVTErick; 09-14-2004 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Erick,

Try this site (FoMoCoFoMe posted it awhile back in another wheel/tire thread):

Wheel Offset Calculator

You enter your original wheel width and offset, then the replacement wheel width and offset and it will calculate:
1) the difference in clearance from strut housing to the wheel, and
2) the difference in how much further out/in the outside edge of the new wheel will be compared to the original wheel

I hope that helps.

Old 09-14-2004, 08:12 PM
ive been thinking of getting those same rims. Where did you find that price?

Old 09-14-2004, 08:37 PM
i dont knw my stock wheels offset and i dont know the new wheels offset although it says +2 on the Eagle Alloy webpage. these wheels are on Ebay.

Old 09-14-2004, 08:47 PM
my wheels on Ebay didnt sell either

Old 09-14-2004, 10:03 PM
davesmobileauto.com, did it over the phone, 480 shipped. If you do a search you can find out all the info you want on em. And yes they stick out about 2 inches from the fenders.

Old 09-15-2004, 05:30 AM
ahh thats no good for me. thanks dude.

Old 09-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Hey eddy88,
Did you add those FX4 flares and if so where did you get them and what do they run? Were they hard to install? I have to get something over my tires before I knock the paint off the sides of the truck.

shane

Old 09-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Do a search on fender flares, the post was started by Wakehead. All the info you would need.

Old 09-15-2004, 02:31 PM
I found and read that post, glad you guys found out the easy way for the rest of us. One question though: the flares look good but do they help? I'm going to have to put something on mine that will account for the several inches of rubber that stick out. From time to time I'll hear a rock ping off the side of the truck plus someone told me that it may be against the law to drive without coverage...seems I'm a road hazard because I can throw rocks at other cars now.

shane

heres my truck, so you can see how far they stick out:

Old 09-15-2004, 02:49 PM
I am running the BFG ATs which are 35s and they stick out just as far if not more. I put the FX4 flares on for a little more protection, but all they give is an inch more at best. I probably still stick out about 2 inches on each side. I am sure I can still throw stones and what not, but I also have nerf bars that catch a lot of that. I wouldnt worry too much about being illegal, if you are, its minimal. If you are that concerned then go with something like Bushwacker flares (I think you would be the first on this site) but they are a little pricey ~$300). They will give you the coverage you want but most people dont seem to like the way they look.
Let me know how you make out, or what you decide to do. If I remember, I will try and take a picture of the fender so you can see how much they stick out.

Old 09-15-2004, 07:00 PM
Sweaver, Nice truck I have an STX 4x4 all black and would like the same look. Your tires do look like they are hanging out there. What size are the tires and the wheels and offset? Also, did you have to change your gears any for this setup? Have you decided on what flares you might put on? Dan

Old 09-17-2004, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the complement! It's kind of funny how much of more your truck is noticed after the tire/wheel upgrade. No one really said much to me about my truck till after I put them on but now I cant go anywhere without at least one person commenting and every red light I sit at I see people double take. Kind of makes that chest stick out...
Here's what I have:The tires are 33/12.50/17, the wheels are 17x9 (no clue on the off-set, I just ordered 17x9s and this is what I got). As for gears, I didn't know that was a consideration after going to a big tire/wheel combo. Why would I do that? I'm still looking at flares, I like the look of the FX4 flare eddy used but not sure if it would actually help me any. Still searching before I make a decision.

shane

Old 09-17-2004, 12:44 PM
sweaver,

I went out and looked at mine a little closer. I didnt take pics but I have the same rims as you...by the way they are AE Alloys Series 186 17x9 with a 5" bs.
I am also running BFG AT 35" tires so if anything I should have mine sticking out more than yours. It was raining pretty hard yesterday and I checkout out the side of the truck and surprisingly no rooster tails up the side. The flares do catch a decent amount and typcially even with all terrains you dont catch a lot of rocks on the very edge of the tire that travel all the way up the tire. Even with the digger lugs on the BFGs I dont get much that gets kicked up. I do however throw them under the truck a lot and once it a while it sounds like something is breaking under my seat from a stone getting slung up into the frame. The fx4 flars in my opinion are your best bet for any coverage since the next best option changes the look of the truck, needs to be painted and cost a whole lot more.
Keep us posted on what you do. Again you will be the first with Aftermarket flares on this site if you chose that route.

Old 09-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Sweaver, Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I will get after you install flares and let us have a look at it, and tell us what you think. So keep us posted. As far as a gear change is concerned, I'm not sure myself. I'm just wondering what changing to bigger tires means as far as the gearing and tranny is concerned. Does anyone know? Would I have to change gears? Is it something to worry about? I have the 3.73 gears. Also Sweaver, did you have to have your speedo recalibrated? Thanks

Quick Reply: Eagle Alloy 186 17x9