2004 - 2008 F-150

Remote Starter/Alarm Wiring Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If your viper has an "arm" input and a "disarm" input, just hookup the door motors to the inputs. Look at the F150 wiring diagram on my previous post. What viper do you have, and does it have arm/disarm inputs?

Old 10-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unlock switch sense I believe that is to sense when you hit the unlock button on the remote. So it senses the unlock pulse from the keyless module, I think thats right!!

Old 10-25-2004, 10:12 PM
I have the 560XV.

I have "factory disarm" and "factory rearm", which would be outputs, I guess.

Crap...

Old 10-25-2004, 11:49 PM
I am working on a way to interface the original factory keylass entry (remotes) and the keypads with any aftermarket alarm. I could probably build an all-in-one unit that wires into your alarm and uses a spare aftermarket alarm keyfob. If anyone else is interested, I will keep the forum updated.

Old 10-26-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Big SCrew
Only question I have is, what is the "unlock switch sense", the wire is pink/orange. What exactly triggers that?
To answer my own question...

You've got two wires going to the power door lock actuator in the door. They both rest at ground. When you lock the doors, one of these wires turns into a positive to move the lock actuator-----when you unlock the doors, it's the other wire that turns to a positive.

So the alarm taps into both of these wires, and "watches" them. When you lock your doors, it sees the positive trigger on one of the wires, and arms the alarm........ when it sees the unlock trigger, it disarms. Pretty simple, but there's one catch.

A car theif might break into your car, but then hit the "power unlock" button on the door to admit an accomplice from the other side of the car......this would disarm your alarm too! This is where the "disarm defeat" deal comes into play.

Most cars work like this: When the user presses "unlock" on his keyless transmitter, only the driver's door unlocks. If he presses the button a second time, all the other doors unlock too.

So, the "disarm defeat" wire ties into the unlock wire of the actuator at one of the passenger doors (the unlock switch sense).........

if ONLY the driver's door is unlocked (by the keyless remote or keypad), the alarm will disarm.....if ALL the doors unlock at the same time, the alarm realizes this is wrong, and sets the siren off.

Old 10-26-2004, 04:34 PM
"I am working on a way to interface the original factory keyless entry (remotes) and the keypads with any aftermarket alarm. I could probably build an all-in-one unit that wires into your alarm and uses a spare aftermarket alarm keyfob. If anyone else is interested, I will keep the forum updated."

I would definately be interested in this. I want to intall an alarm so bad, yet I dont want anybody handling my truck other than me. Anything like this would help me do it myself. Im fairly confident I can especially with all the info posted here, an all-in-one unit would be sweet though. Anyway thanks for your efforts and I look forward to your next update!

Later,

Luis S

Old 10-26-2004, 05:31 PM
I have figured out how to interface the factory keyless entry system (remotes) and the keypad with ANY aftermarket alarm, even if it doesn't have arm/disarm inputs. If you lock/unlock the doors with the factory remote or the keypad, the aftermarket alarm will arm/disarm.

It will require an interface module (I am working on) and one of your aftermarket alarm remotes (if alarm doesn't have arm/disarm inputs). Whoever is interested, let me know.

I am using the first on I build on my viper 791! It will be perfect!

Old 02-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Keyless entry keypad sets off aftermarket alarm

Hi,

Have anybody successfully been able to arm/disarm an aftermarket alarm that does not have arm/disarm input using the keyless entry pad on the door? If so, can somebody share this information. I installed an aftermarket remote starter/alarm this weekend and all is working well except that the keypad will trigger of the aftermarket alarm. Any suggestions.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Holy old thread batman...But I am glad this was brought up because it seems as if only the stuff from KCautosound will be able to use the factory keypad.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by yetti96
Holy old thread batman...

I'll say!

That was three trucks ago for me. I feel like an old man now.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:48 AM
The FORD PowerCode remote start/alarm system, Code Alarm CA550, CA670, CA671, CA680 and SRT6700 systems are the only systems that will allow to be disarmed via the keypad on the door.

I recently found that on certain Compustar systems that I can use my special programmer to turn two of the auxiliary outputs into arming and disarming inputs. The problems lies with this system though is that you can easily reach inside the door and hit the unlock switch and it will disarm the alarm system.

The Code Alarm systems have a switch sensing wire that will keep you from being able to hit the unlock button to disarm it. It only reads from the keypad after the 5th digit has been entered or the factory keyless keyfob has been pressed.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:56 PM
That's suck. I guess I will just have to work without the keypad then. Spent to much time installing this. Don't want to have to remove and purchase another just to have the keypad disarm the aftermarket alarm. I thought I read that someone came up with a way to disarm using an extra remote.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Power Window Automation

Anyone have any input on being able to install a power window sensor such as the DEI 530T to close my power windows and power rear window when I activate my factory alarm??

I would also like to be able to use the panic button on my key fob to roll the windows back down. I never use the panic button with the exception of once in a while when I bump it by mistake and set the whole thing off.

Any input would be appreciated...

Thank you,

Rick

Old 07-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Anyone?

Does anyone have the directions and diagram that were originally referenced in this thread?

I'm working on installing a Viper 5901 in a 2005 F150.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by papawoodie
Is anyone in need of this? I have a copy i can scan if anyone needs a copy. Every wire is labeled to the "t" and made the installation of the remote starter and alarm a breeze.

This works for the 4.6 and 5.4. (2004 models only) - not sure if other models are different.
i'd like one please

Quick Reply: Remote Starter/Alarm Wiring Diagram