2004 - 2008 F-150

Worst Puchase Ever 2004 Ford F150

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Page 117 in your owners guide shows you how to disable your seat belt minders ofr both driver and pass.

Old 08-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Sorry in advance "RP" but I just have to say it

The new F150 is only for people who's "taste" extends beyond their mouth! With that said, I highly encorage this gent to never buy an f150 again...I really doubt anyone was twisting his arm in the first place. A great deal of my familly are farmers and they would never buy a truck without making sure it fit their needs...that would be just silly. BTW most of them have fords. Even though I was sure of the truck I wanted this time I still did a test drive...HELLO! Who would spend that much money and not be sure it was what they wanted. Now that you have the truck "Sir" a suggestion for the bed problem that "YOU HAVE" is to simply remove it and install a flat bed, or if you are really a farmer you should be able to make one to your own specs. Don't bash a truck you chose to buy... just buy a different one.

Sorry again "RP" but I feel better now.

Old 08-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by jztbcz
I bought my reg. cab for the exact reason of NOT wanting anymore than two pass. at one time and keep the armrest down
so i don't have anything or anyone in the middle. That is especially why i sought out a 4x4 with manual transfer on the floor,so i would have a reason NOT to have a little kid in the center,sorry kid no room c-ya....
Well, that explains it then...
I saw a guy and his wife/girl in his -150 FX4 regular cab and thought, "Why?" Why spend the $ to get a nice reg. cab, 4 x 4 (no less) in mud, ice & snow ridden, Dallas, TX- when a few less $ could be spent on a XLT SuperCrew and have more room- and a still great truck..

Now that it's written out, I understand. It KEEPS you from having to drive so many people around...

Why didn't I think of that?

Old 08-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Another meaningless post! I find myself coming down with a case of "Who gives a ****!"

I don't remember asking you your opinion of the truck, so why do you think anyone else cares to hear it either. You obviously are an idiot, due to the fact you come to a Ford Owner's forum to give a critique. Most of us here are very happy.

Old 08-08-2004, 10:37 PM
I think he needs to trade the f-150 in for a Titan. Then he can complain on the Nissan site.

Old 08-09-2004, 03:58 AM

edited to remove childish slander

Last edited by Rockpick; 08-09-2004 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:59 AM
This guy cracks me up! With me being from your neighboring province, I have to call BS. I dont farm, but I know many many people who do, and the ones that do own the new F150 have no troubles with it around the farm. I have a scab with GENERAL tires on it, and I had no problem going through snow last winter that was up to the headlights. As far as comfort, with me being 6"4 and 320 pounds, I find the truck comfortable all around. This is the first vehicle I have been in that I dont bang my knees on the dash, or have to hunch over to make room for my head. I have taken many long trips with it and couldn't be happier. As far as the bed being too high, this was another reason I chose to go with Ford. I have used my truck at work when my work vehicle breaks down and I like how I can haul alot of boxes without having to tie anything down. I also have no problems reaching for tools or anything else of that nature out of the box of my truck. My size helps that, but if you are having problems, you should look at a 1993 Nissan truck, my brother has one and you can easily reach anything in the bed of that thing!

What I also dont understand is, why do you feel the need to try and throw mud at Ford? Looking at your site and seeing what sites you have posted your views on makes me wonder. Here is what you should do: 1) Sell your truck to someone who wants it 2) Go buy whichever truck you will next have buyers guilt for 3) Go out and work on the fields instead of wasting your time badmouthing Ford on two dozen websites.

Old 08-09-2004, 07:36 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you bother to test drive the vehicle before ordering? 75% of the issues you should have noticed on a dealer lot of test drive.

You claim you need an 8' bed for work, but later complain that it is not a vehicle you can trust for your family. The Supercab is availible with a 8' bed if you need to compromise.

It sounds like you did poor research when choosing this pickup, and you are bitter at Ford because of it.

Old 08-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Sounds like all 'personal preference' issues to me...so they are not problems at all. I have had 0 problems with my truck (11,000 miles now, since March)...and I don't count the outside temp sensor as a problem. That was just something that bugged me so I got it corrected (temp was readding a few degrees off). Anyway, much of these complaints posted could easily have been avoided had the person actually looked at and drove the truck before buying it. I don't see how someone could spend that much money on a vehicle and not be familiar enough with the truck enough to know whether or not you'll like it after buying it. That's like me saying, don't buy a house with green shutters because I bought one and can't stand it...now I need to move! Good grief.

And yes...big troll alert This post isn't worth the couple kilobytes of bandwidth it takes to load it! lol

Old 08-09-2004, 09:55 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's how it is guys.

If you want to call 'BS'; that's fine. If you want to say that this guy is a troll and offer legitimate backing for your stance; that's fine as you'll note that I'm being lenient with things on this thread. It has all the makings to get out of hand quickly but, for the most part, you all are being 'somewhat' civil about it.

However, I **WILL NOT TOLERATE** stupid and immature behavior such as simply calling someone names; especially to established members of our f150online.com community. It's time for some folks here to grow up or get out. It's as simple as that. I'm not here to be a babysitter for those of you that haven't grown to the maturity level of a 14 year old. It's fine to get upset about what someone says but, expressing it in a manner equivalent to what a 12 year old would do is intolerable and detracts from our site.

Take note. Those of you who have violated simple maturity rules have stressed your relationship with this FREE site.

Thank you.

-The Mgmt.

Old 08-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Dwayne,
sorry to hear your truck dosn't fit your needs. I love mine but then again i'm not using it as a hardcore farm truck. I think that your complaints to Ford fall on deaf ears b/c most of them are design related, they can't redesign your truck and you can't ask them to buy it back b/c you don't like the design. I think more test driving in the future might be a better idea. Personally I'm 6'1'' 350 lbs and I think the truck is very comfortable for a big person but to each their own. You are right that the center 20% of the bench should slide back. Trade it in on another make that will suit you better but amke sure that the next amke will not have the same problems. Good luck to you.

Last edited by fatman66; 08-09-2004 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to agree with a lot of what has already been said. You should always test drive a vehicle at least overnight. With all of the new trucks out there you should go ahead and test drive all of them then make your decision. I have test driven the 2004 F-150, the 2004 Dodge and the 2004 Titan and I will be getting a 2005 F-150. It has the best features for what I want in a truck. I love the exterior and the interior is far superior to any other truck out there. It has plenty of power and is comfortable on the highway and on city streets.

While some of your complaints may seem petty, I can see where almost all are valid complaints. The main one that bothers me is complaining about a child booster seat not fitting correctly in the front. I have two children and they have never ridden in the front of any vehicle and will not do so until they are old enough. If you want to haul around a child in your truck you should have bought the SuperCab. You could have bought the SuperCab with an 8’ bed option.

I have to disagree with you about the bed height also. I love the idea of having a taller bed because I can fit taller items under a soft tonno than in my current truck.

I hope you find a truck that fits you and that you are happy with.

Old 08-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Re: My Thoughts

Originally posted by Dwayne MB
Can anyone give me a practical use for the higher sides? I sincerely would like to know because not even my dealer can give me a practical application.

Dwayne
Dwayne,

I sleep in the back of my 1997 F150 with a tonnou cover and an air matress (no the wife did not kick me out of the house). The height was real tight. I look forward to sleeping in my new F150 with the higher sides, now thats practical.

I do miss the side arm rests that my 1997 F150 had. When I got in the truck after I purchased it I realized what was missing. The whole time I test drove the truck I never realized it. With time I have adjusted and now its not an issue anymore.

As far as the seatbelt reminder goes, open up to page 117 in your owners manual, the procedure does work. If it does not you should have your dealer fix it. Ignor the disable procedures you may have read on the web, as some of them do not work for the 2004 F150.

zman

Last edited by ZMANF150; 08-09-2004 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:33 PM
RP,

come on man give em a break, some people are just defensive when it comes to bad things being talked about the trucks they love so much, Besides..... we're males most of us never built up to having a maturity level.... Observe

NANNER!!!

na na na

nanners lighten everyone up now play nice ladies

Old 08-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by SuperCab V8
RP,

come on man give em a break,
LOL... man, if you only knew how many breaks we give around here! I was in a foul mood when I typed that out this morning but, after reading it, and re-reading it, I stand by what I said. The maturity levels, at least, have to get up around 16 before I'll step down off of my soap box and, naturally, that doesn't apply to everyone; but rather the select few which refuse to carry-on, carry-forward, and carry-grant.

Is it time to go home yet?

RP

Quick Reply: Worst Puchase Ever 2004 Ford F150