2004 - 2008 F-150

Volant Installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Volant Installed

Well after unsuccessfully attempting to install the Volant on my truck I had my shop install it and picked it up yesterday afternoon. So far so good (obviously its been hardly enough time to judge whether or not it has any problems).

The shop I went to said I did not have to reset the computer so I didn't, but if I have any problems with it I will certainly try a reset although I don't anticipate any problems. The shop had to slightly modify the airbox to get it to fit properly as on the pictures. I am not terribly happy with the overall fit of the kit, but it looks good now that installed and it seems to work well so I cannot complain about that.

As far as the truck performance, it certainly has more bite once you floor it. At low rev's I cannot notice or hear a difference with the engine. But under heavy acceleration, as someone else already noted, it is louder than my magnaflow exhaust which is pretty cool IMO. Once I get mpg info I will post it. Also, I will try to get to the dyno soon to see the gains I got from my exhaust and intake.

Like I said earlier, it is way to early for me to make any conclusive opinions about the kit, as I get more accustomed to the kit and notice some other characteristics, I will post them. So far so good...

-antonio

Old 07-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Congrats on the install! I love that look of amazement when virgin passengers first hear the roar coming from under the hood.

What kind of modifications did your shop have to make to the box?

Old 07-27-2004, 10:16 PM
Im surprised your install was that painfull..... mine went aok. But then again i paid a shop $40 to install mine.

I love my volant, wouldnt trade it in for another product, no way.

good luck with it

Old 07-27-2004, 10:25 PM
i LOVE mine also!

Old 07-28-2004, 07:52 AM
I think they just had to trim some plastic off of the air box to make it fit a little more snug in the right place.

-antonio

Old 07-31-2004, 06:25 PM
What kind of improvements are you guys seeing with the Volant? More power? Better mileage? I've been thinking about getting one but 'm curious as to what I should expect. Also, I hear that when you stomp on it it is louder than than the aftermarket exhaust people have been installing. Is it only when you stomp on it or also when accelerating on the highway to pass someone?

Old 07-31-2004, 06:59 PM
so far I can't tell a different in mileage, but thats not sayin much since I haven't even had it one week. But you can def. feel there s more power. I am going to take my truck to the dyno in a few weeks, so after then I will post the results.

In terms of noise the loudness is only when you stomp on the gas. At low rpm's you can't hear a difference.

I haven't tried a K&N or Airraid, but I am very happy with mine so far and have n ot had any problems...

-antonio

Old 10-05-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by neptuno1
[BI haven't even had it one week. But you can def. feel there s more power. I am going to take my truck to the dyno in a few weeks, so after then I will post the results.

-antonio [/B]
ever take it to the dyno??

Old 10-05-2004, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the info, I hope my install on my AirRaid goes smooth tomorrow.

Old 10-05-2004, 12:45 PM
How is the sound of the Volant on the freeway???

My Airaid is unbearable, I will be taking it off next week as a result of the droning...

Quick Reply: Volant Installed