2004 - 2008 F-150

and now back to the vibration...........

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad things are working out for you! Glad it's over for ya finally. I fought with mine for almost 10 months and took the replacement.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Thanks! The thing that really helped me was the service manager at the dealership. He done a great job and helped me in getting a refund. The thing is, they do not know what to do with this problem. By the way, how is the 05 doing? I forgot to add to the thread that they had to replace the rotors on the front also. The metal was too soft allowing the pads to eat rings in it.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Can't say enough good things about the service manager at the dealership I went too. I went through 3 different dealerships and this would all have been over a lot sooner if I had went to the last place first. The 05 is doing great, I like it better every day. Good luck!

Old 07-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by SR89racer
i have 3.55's LS and it is a scab does worse with half a tank and when towing
I towed for the first time recently (Scab, 5.4L V8, 4x4, 3.55 LS) and boy it vibrate like crazy when accelerating

Old 07-08-2005, 08:26 PM
I tow also with my 04 vibrated on take off, I posted last fall on this issue my didn't vibrate all the time on take off and on the highway stop and take off again and it would quit, the dealer replaced the l/s clutch pak vibration all gone about a month now..

Old 08-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Looks like I am not alone here. I have been reading the posts on this topic for several days...very interesting.

I am new here but wanted to tell you guys my story. I have a 2004 F150 SCrew...since day one my truck has had a shimmy in the steering wheel. I took it back the following day and the dealership went through 15 or more tires until they found 4 that passed the ford specs. I cannot say that I don't have the vibrations b/c I do, but its slight, i do have however a whining in the back of the truck at 65-73 mph, that comes on and off as you step on the gas. The vibration is there and easy to see in the cup holders (if you have a drink) or by looking at the passenger seat.

After the tire change the shimmy was still present but not as bad...i was told that after around 5k miles it should go away. I am now at 15K miles and the shimmy has never left.
I called the dealership on a Monday, had the truck in the following day. I also provided a detailed description on the problems I was having along with some TSB numbers I found that relate to my issues.

This is what they are doing:
Installing a dampener to the Rack and Pinion
Replacing the gears in the back
Replacing the Drive Shaft.(didn't know they were doing this until i called to check in)

I should have the truck on Thursday but ok if it is longer b/c they seem to be doing a great job. Will let you know of the results and just hope it is fixed rather than worse.

Old 08-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Got my truck back after 4 days in the shop. They fixed everything and the truck drives great. Is it perfect? I don't know, I haven't driven another truck to tell you...but it is good enogh for me.

They replaced the gear and clutch
New drive shaft
New rack and pinon

Still waiting on a unrelated part to solve a different problem. Noise is gone out of the back end and my daughter can watch DVD's without turning the volume all the way up.

RollingRock

Old 08-30-2005, 01:41 PM
lincoln mark lt

i have the 2006 lincoln mark lt, and i get a vibration through the pedals when im driving or reversing, not when in neutral or parked, weird stuff, had my pcm reflashed like 3 weeks ago, and didnt help, i guess im among the thousands of people out there with different vibration issues in there f150's, and since this is based of the f150, im gonna have the same problems you all have too unfortunately, and i paid 43,500 for this beautiful baby. my a/c has also turned off by itself and my power sliding rear windows sometimes doesnt work either, i went from a mustang to this truck, and my mustang since day one had ignition problems that ford could never "replicate", so it looks like the problems with ford continue

Old 10-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Angry Vibration it never goes away

I have not been around lately however my truck was fixed and now it has come back again. So far they have replaced 13 tires, one wheel, one drive shaft, pinion gear, and that is just for the vibration problem. I had Continental tires when it was new, now I have BF Goodrich tires that I like. I have found one thing that seems to be common with my problem. Every time I toe a trailer the problem comes back. I have reached the end of my rope and I have put the dealership on notice, give me a solution or buy back the truck.
If anybody can tell me about the process for taking this to the dispute board and try to get this thing ended once and for all I would appreciate hearing from you.

Old 10-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Sound like your truck may qualify for the Lemon Law. You may need to look into it.
After so many trips to the service department for the same problem your truck may be a candidate for the buy back policy by Ford if they haven't been able to fix the problem.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:04 AM
well guess I spoke too soon. Its me again...Truck is back at Ford for the second day discussing the vibration in the steering wheel again. I have spent several days at Discount Tire getting new tires on new wheels (which take no weight mind you) ford didn't even want to talk about the truck without the factory tires....i had them in the bed...they wanted to charge me for putting them back on so they could "test" the truck. After most of the day of them not doing anything...they thought of the brilliant solution of taking 4 wheels off a 2006 from the lot and putting on my truck then testing it. Told them no matter what they tested it would be the same result. Vibration in the wheel at 60mph and higher. I am about done with this truck. I hope that Ford can fix it. Was told that the FSE would be looking at it on Tuesday 5/9/06. Service manager told me that the FSE have more info on how to fix this problem, but we did start the discussions about a buy back. I have 27K on the truck, told me I would only have to pay a mileage fee. I would take it if not, its going to carmax then I am off to buy a chevy....(cannot believe I just typed that) Hard to say that Ford could loose a life long customer over this problem.

Anyone else had any resolutions or have your sold your trucks too?

BTW, if I get ride of this truck, I have to have Best Buy remove all my stereo equimpment and I will have some nice new michelin tires and wheels for sale.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:45 AM
81,000 views... damn.

I'm trading my mercedes in for an 04 fx4 on wednesday so I hope I dont run into any of these vibration issues.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by captain morgan8
81,000 views... damn.

I'm trading my mercedes in for an 04 fx4 on wednesday so I hope I dont run into any of these vibration issues.

Make you a good deal on mine if you are interested. Vibrations are just a characteristic of the truck, all fords vibrate and all the steering wheels have some shake in them. Its perfectly normal.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:41 AM
I've been driving Ford trucks since 1985 and I have yet to own an F150 with noticable vibration. I currently drive a 2004 F150 STX with 34,000 miles and and there are no vibrations that I can detect.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=4901

Last edited by STXDriver; 05-09-2006 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by STXDriver
I've been driving Ford trucks since 1985 and I have yet to own an F150 with noticable vibration. I currently drive a 2004 F150 STX with 34,000 miles and and there are no vibrations that I can detect.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...TOKEN=36589515
Congratulations, you don't own a truck that was built from 3/3/03 through 8/3/03. If you did, then you would have vibration that countless others have and you would find this thread of value to you.

Quick Reply: and now back to the vibration...........