2004 - 2008 F-150

Well my dad bought the truck tdoay....

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 01:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well my dad bought the truck today....

Ya, my dad decided to go out an buy the truck today. It was a 04 scab, black lariat with two tone paint, 5.4l, 2wd, 3.55 limited slip axle. It is pretty well loaded, only thing it doesnt have is a moonroof, siliding rear window, and some other small things. He decided to trade in his 02 Silverado, instead of selling it. My dad likes the truck, i like it myself, nice riding truck. I do NOT feel a vibration at all, neither does my dad. cause ive heard these trucks have vibration issues related to the driveshaft.

Last edited by Wilson502; 05-14-2004 at 02:09 AM.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:23 AM
Hey, it sounds like your Dad got the truck I ordered and have been waiting for. Maybe they shipped it to the wrong dealer.

Seriously though, the way he has it spec'd out seems like a mirror image of mine. 4x2 Black Lariat Scab with two tone, no moonroof or no rear slider.
Also, we got the Captains chairs, in black, with the "flow through" console, which to my wife and i, was our most desired option. Based on past experience, I wanted heat in that back glass rather than a slider and we never use the moonroof in our other cars.

The Lariat package has just enough "gingerbread" to make it a beautiful truck.

BTW, I just found out today by calling the VOPC number and giving them my order #, what the status is on my truck. I was a little upset when it told me it was only being scheduled to be built this week. The order went into the system on 4/19. I will admit to being impatient so I shouldnt be that upset.

I wish your Dad the best with his truck. If you can, please set up a gallery so we can see what it looks like.

Take care,
Jim

Old 05-14-2004, 02:31 AM
urs is different u have black interior, my dads has tan interior, he got tired of black on black with his 02 silverado he had, nothing wrong with the truck really, but he backed into a pole, so it he ended up trading it in, it would cost him just as much to trade it in, and pay the difference on what the payoff is, then to keep it, fix it, pay another payment on it, then try to sale it. so he decided to just trade it in and be done with it. I dont have a digital camera

Quick Reply: Well my dad bought the truck tdoay....