2004 - 2008 F-150

When to order new truck???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question When to order new truck???

I am in the market to be ordering my truck within the next couple weeks of months. I am encoutered with a problem though. I went to the dealer today to talk about it, and he told me two things. He has basically until the end of the month to order 04's, but after that he cannot order an '05 until July. He told me if I order one by the end of the month, I can have it probably sometime in the middle of July, but if I wait for an '05, then I will have to wait until as late as September to take delivery. I am wondering what I should do here. I wanted to know if all of the common problems have been taken care of with the newest 04's, or should I wait for an '05. If anyone has any input, please let me know, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place here cause I wanted to order in the middle of June, but I don't know if it is possible. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Just a quick reminder, the majority of us 04s dont have any problems. Sometimes you get the impression we all bought a lemon but that is not the case. You may get a great deal on a 04 with the 05s coming out to order, or they may do something new with the 05s you want. But dont go thinking that the 04s are junk, thats not the case at all.

Old 05-10-2004, 02:22 PM
What is the price difference for the '04 vs. the '05 if they are equipped the same?

mikebaby

Old 05-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Re: When to order new truck???

Originally posted by roboots21
I am in the market to be ordering my truck within the next couple weeks of months. I am encoutered with a problem though. I went to the dealer today to talk about it, and he told me two things. He has basically until the end of the month to order 04's, but after that he cannot order an '05 until July. He told me if I order one by the end of the month, I can have it probably sometime in the middle of July, but if I wait for an '05, then I will have to wait until as late as September to take delivery. I am wondering what I should do here. I wanted to know if all of the common problems have been taken care of with the newest 04's, or should I wait for an '05. If anyone has any input, please let me know, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place here cause I wanted to order in the middle of June, but I don't know if it is possible. Thanks in advance.
You can order a 2005 starting this Friday, 5/14/04. However, they won't start building them until the end of August and the begining of September depending on the plant used.

Old 05-10-2004, 05:10 PM
but just how long can I order an '04 up to? I know that they are all good trucks, and I want to get one really bad. I think that I am gonna go with the 04. Im goin to a dealer in a few minutes to check more out. I was just wondering if you can order an 04 up until the end of the month.

Old 05-10-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by mikebaby
What is the price difference for the '04 vs. the '05 if they are equipped the same?

mikebaby

Good question.

Old 05-10-2004, 08:05 PM
I was just wondering if you can order an 04 up until the end of the month.
What I have been told you can order till the end of this month.

Quick Reply: When to order new truck???