2004 - 2008 F-150

Gas Prices and Our Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cost of living keeps going up. Gas prices keep going up. The price of practically everything keeps going up. The only thing not going up (not enough to keep up anyway) is my salary. $2.07 in the Milwaukee, WI area. Not as bad as CA, but still bad enough in my opinion. Geez these ****** gas prices suck!! Just waiting to run out of money now.

Old 05-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I filled the tank last week in Tucson, Arizona and at the Chevron station it was $2.139 for 91 Octane.

Old 05-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Paris, TX: $1.87 for 87 Octane.

Old 05-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

When I started driving there wasn't no such thing as a 'Self Service" gas station. When you pulled in you ran over a hose that sounded a bell and the attendent came running. He at least wore a Company shirt and sometimes a cap. You stuck a single out the window and said, "A dollars worth of Regular.".
That would get you about 4 or 5 gallons. While it was pumping your windshield would get cleaned and they'd ask if you wanted your oil level checked. That was standard service, if you didn't get it then next week you'd take your dollar elsewhere.

Now, I pay $1.85 a gallon, wait in line, pump it myself, go inside and stand in another line when the pump won't read my card, wait while a near homeless person buys and scratches Lottery tickets, have a 'translation' problem with whoever is behind the counter, and am happy about my experience because I can see that it's 7 cents more across the street and I just got some kind of bargain.

Old 05-10-2004, 12:35 PM
tcf
Raoul

no such thing as a 'Self Service" gas station. When you pulled in you ran over a hose that sounded a bell and the attendent came running. He at least wore a Company shirt and sometimes a cap. You stuck a single out the window and said, "A dollars worth of Regular.".
Awe, the good old days. I remember them well.

Old 05-10-2004, 01:16 PM
We still pay far less for gas then other countries. However I do feel that they are just cashing in on us and out gas sucking cars/trucks. The bad thing is that many of us needs our trucks for work and it's cutting into us pretty good.

Maybe we, the US, should consider keeping Iraq as a US country. Just a joke! HA HA.

Old 05-10-2004, 08:11 PM
Um, Yes, the Saudis, etc. work off the Euro. The oil is in US dollars but the Saudis, etc. get paid for in Euros. Yes, this is correct as I'm friends with a $5 billion dollar Natural Resources portfolio manager. He's one of the foremost authorities on oil production in the US so I hope he's right. He also feels we will never see $20 a barrel again. High 20s at the lowest. This is also what Alan Greenspan has predicted among others. The oil is a dollar based industry, but the economies that it is feeding use monetary systems based on Euros, not US dollars. No biggie though, as Saudi announced they are concerned about prices going too high so they are upping production. Should fall a little by the fall but rise a little in the summer. Taxes as mentioned are the biggest enemy. Remember that this November as one candidate wants to up them by 50 cents a gallon.

Old 05-10-2004, 08:31 PM
It is handy that Saudi Arabia is increasing production! Now we will start to see the price of gas dip a bit once the summer season is over as well as the peak consumption! Funny how it goes down before an election

Old 05-11-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by GotTorque?04
It is handy that Saudi Arabia is increasing production! Now we will start to see the price of gas dip a bit once the summer season is over as well as the peak consumption! Funny how it goes down before an election
yeah, i'm sure good ol' G-dub tightened the screws on the saudis last time he had them over for poker night.

Old 05-11-2004, 05:08 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
News flash:: Oil prices may drop but gas prices will not. Even if they went to 2.5 million bpd extra there is such a demand for gas the price will continue to rise all year. Don't even expect the price to drop, that my friends is wishfull thinking. Oil would have to drop under 25 dollars a barrel to even see a minor drop in gas prices like maybe 2-5cents at most...

Old 05-11-2004, 05:26 AM
I have not viewed the forum for a few days but I think your being a bit hard on us BrewMaster. It may seem crazy to you that we pay so much for our F150's but comparative to any vehichle we could buy it 's still good value. Sure I could be driving around in a Mercedes M Class or a BMW X5, even a Range Rover but I would not have something that seperated me from the norm and everytime I parked the truck up allowing me to meet so many people interested in what I'm driving even if I'm parked up next to a Diablo or Bentley Continental GT. It may be the best selling car in the world but one of the rarest in the UK only driven by football players (sorry soccer) media types and the clued up few that know how much fun it is to own a full size truck. We don't have a full size truck market in the UK and our roads don't realy cater for them. One of the saddest things is that I can go abroad to most plases and buy a British made car cheaper than I could in it's own country of manufacture.

Second thought's BrewMaster we are crazy.

Old 05-11-2004, 11:26 AM
dcee, please forgive me if i offended you. that was certainly not my intention, although i did direct my comment to you in the first place. i guess what i meant to say is that it's a shame that an F-150 should cost that much. it is an outstanding vehicle and very fun to drive, but that price is very high. i appreciate the fact that you like to be different and not drive the same car as everyone else. it's too bad you can't accomplish that goal without paying double the price for an F-150. i would not pay that kind of price tag for my F-150, but more power to you. it's your money and your decision. peace be with you.

Old 05-11-2004, 03:18 PM
$2.45 On Kauai where I live!

Old 05-11-2004, 04:05 PM
I'm not rich but I honestly don't really think about gas prices at all. Gas is a fact of life and I'm not going to drive any more or any less becuase of it. I've always had gas guzzlers, although this truck is the worst, so maybe I'm used to it. The way I see it is my gas bill is about 20 - 40 bucks more a month vs what it was with my Camaro. Factor that in with the $1100 bucks I saved in car insurance from switching from the Camaro to the truck and I'm still way ahead.

Old 05-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by tpeterson
Not to be a smartass but was gas milage a consideration when you purchased the truck? I knew going in that 12 miles per gallon was going to be an increase in my monthly gas bill - so maybe for me it's not as big an issue. I do live in San Diego and 2.25 per gallon is an additional expense to living in America's finest city.
gnum=4132[/url]
When I custom ordered my F-150 back in mid-January, gas in San Diego was "only" $1.65/gal. By the time I got my truck, it was over $2.00/gal. I thought at the time I ordered it, that gas would continue to drop and I figured I could afford it at that price. With it now cresting at $2.30/gal, I have definitely not made many road trips as I had originally planned. I figure if I take it out of town on a weekend road trip, I'd like to be able to eat and other necessities but doubt I could afford it now.

Quick Reply: Gas Prices and Our Trucks