2004 - 2008 F-150

Blown Fuse

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blown Fuse

OK, I am not mechanically smart by any stretch of the imagination, but I know how to change a fuse.

Anyways, the fuse that controls my instrument panel lights and tail lights is blown. I replaced it today with the correct fuse and it blows again. Then I replace it once again and my wife turns on the lights and I watch it blow yet again. Anyone know what might be causing this? I just got my truck back from having Viper Alarm installed, XM commander installed, and tonneau cover with power locks. THose are the only electrical things that were added.

Any help or insight would be very helpful! Thanks in advance.

Old 04-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Only two things make a fuse blow.

#1 to much load.Possible they hooked up one of your new accessories wrong.

#2 Power feed going directly to a metal ground.Possible they pinched a wire or drove a screw through a wire. Suggest you take it back to the installer.
Hope this helps you.

Mike

Last edited by Dr No; 04-25-2004 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:54 PM
You need to take it back and have it looked at. This is not normal nor should it happen.

Old 04-26-2004, 11:30 PM
Got it fixed

I took it in today and it is all good again. Turns out they had crossed the wires for the alarm to tie into the parking lights. The feature they were trying to hook up was the flash of the lights when you use the remote entry. Well, that was causing a short, so they fixed it and it is all good again. Works perfect now!

Disaster averted...

Quick Reply: Blown Fuse