2004 - 2008 F-150

Daystar Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daystar Questions

I have a couple of questions for guys who installed the Daystar Lift kit themselves.

BTW Thanks to lanceparkhurst for posting his quick guide. You rock!

1. Upper Ball Joint. I have read in a couple places that you don't have to separate the upper ball joint as specified in the manual. If that's the case, how do you remove the strut, do you compress the spring before removal?

2. Strut Bolts. What is a good means of pressing out the old bolts and pressing in the new ones? Would a vise suffice? And if so, would you need some kind of jig to do it?

Old 04-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Can't comment on #1, as I did remove the upper ball joints (and yes, they were a challenge to get back on). As far as the strut bolts, I knocked them out with an air hammer (although any old hammer and chisel would work). The Daystar nuts don't press in. They slip fit through the old press fit holes and spin freely until the spring is released driving the inner spacer against them and holding them firmly in place.

Old 04-11-2004, 07:39 AM
put the nuts on the ends of the bolts get a nice big hammer and a level spot on some concrete and knock the crap out of them.....should come right out.

Old 04-11-2004, 06:25 PM
"Knock the crap out of them"

Sounds like a Florida boy

Gatr
lol

Quick Reply: Daystar Questions