2004 - 2008 F-150

Audio Systems

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Audio Systems

I currently own a 2004 F-150 Screw black on tan. I have been searching for the best system i can install under my rear seat. If any of you guys out there have installed some, please reply.

Old 03-29-2004, 11:46 AM
While you guys are answering that question, how about this...

When you have one of these systems installed (Amp, speakers, etc)...do they put your truck back together so you can't even tell they worked on it? I don't want a bunch of scratches, rattles, carpet pulled out, etc. I want it to look as good as it does when I take it in, if I do that.

Thanks

Old 03-29-2004, 12:46 PM
Look in my Gallery, I have a 2004 f-150 black on tan screw. I did all the work myself to make sure it looked as close to stock as possible and to not have any damage done.
I relocated the jack to a spot under the hood. Real easy to do. Pictures also in gallery.
All done for under $500.

Old 03-29-2004, 04:22 PM
You bought all of that stuff for under $500?

Old 03-29-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by momalle1
You bought all of that stuff for under $500?

Yep,

Both subs $95 shipped New
6.5 Kappas $150 E-bay New
5x7 Kappas $120 E-bay New
Avionixx 400.2 $300 new, got it used for $110 mint condition.
Cheap Xplode 4 channel amp, new. Free from friend.
Had the MDF and most wiring already.
With line convertors and misc. wiring puts it right under $500

Old 03-29-2004, 05:10 PM
If you want it done right, do it yourself. Youll also save money on top of that. I installed my own system to make sure it looked stock and no damage was done (pics in gallery). Its not finished yet, I decided to install 10" subs under the rear seats. Will post pics when finished. Now I have to find time to do the work.

Dupuis,

I like your system, and the install looks great, but I think your calculator has a short in it.

Old 03-29-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by grayflare
If you want it done right, do it yourself. Youll also save money on top of that. I installed my own system to make sure it looked stock and no damage was done (pics in gallery). Its not finished yet, I decided to install 10" subs under the rear seats. Will post pics when finished. Now I have to find time to do the work.

Dupuis,

I like your system, and the install looks great, but I think your calculator has a short in it.

I agree about doing it yourself. Lots of audio sites to ask questions out there if you don't know.

I posted what I paid for. Everything else I had from past or I got free. If you do some research and take your time, you can get things done alot cheaper than most.
By the way, my calculator works just fine!

Old 03-29-2004, 06:21 PM
Agreed,
No one is going to be as careful with YOUR truck as YOU are. Educate yourself and do it yourself. That is the only way to have it the way you want it. You will pay out the wazoo for a custom install, and most shops will stuff a box under the back seat and screw an amp to the floor and call it a day. The interior in these trucks is to nice for a hack job.

Here's a pic of my install and a link to my gallery:
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=3941

Old 03-29-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Dupuis
Yep,

Both subs $95 shipped New
6.5 Kappas $150 E-bay New
5x7 Kappas $120 E-bay New
Avionixx 400.2 $300 new, got it used for $110 mint condition.
Cheap Xplode 4 channel amp, new. Free from friend.
Had the MDF and most wiring already.
With line convertors and misc. wiring puts it right under $500
Sweet! How do you think those speakers would sound without the sub? I really don't need a thumper, just full, rich sound with clear highs.

Old 03-29-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by jimbo5o
Agreed,
No one is going to be as careful with YOUR truck as YOU are. Educate yourself and do it yourself. That is the only way to have it the way you want it. You will pay out the wazoo for a custom install, and most shops will stuff a box under the back seat and screw an amp to the floor and call it a day. The interior in these trucks is to nice for a hack job.

Here's a pic of my install and a link to my gallery:
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=3941
Very nice Jimbo. Thats what I call a sano install.

Old 03-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by momalle1
Sweet! How do you think those speakers would sound without the sub? I really don't need a thumper, just full, rich sound with clear highs.

They sound real good, but you would need to amp them. They did not sound good with stock power.
I had them without subs first and they sounded very good. They just can't put out much bass. But if you o.k. with that, go for it. Very clean and detailed. Best thing to do is go to Best Buy or sound shop to lesson to them and pick the ones you like most. Everybody has their own taste in speakers. Once you decide, look on E-bay to good prices.

Old 03-29-2004, 09:37 PM
Yes, I do plan to amp them. The Premium Single CD Player I have actually sounds pretty good, but I would like a little more. I'm having a little trouble justifying spending more money right now. I plan to get an amp with preamp out's so I can add a sub and amp if I decide to later. I just keep lurking in here to get a feel for what amps and speakers are good quality.

Old 03-29-2004, 10:19 PM
Just a little tip for those who would rather have someone else install it....

If you go to a place like best buy or a car stereo place to get an install, ask to look at the installers' vehicle. Then you can be able to tell if he does quality work, or just a crappy job. Ask the installer if he solders his wires or uses crimp connectors, does he use cheap electrical tape, or does he use shrink wrap on the wires. Also ask about a warranty, most places have one and honor them, especially chain stores like Best Buy.

Also, shop around your area. Get prices from diffrent places before you decide. You may want to write down your questions so you dont forget.

So take your time, ask a lot of questions, and shop around. You should be able to find a quality install, with warranty, for a decent price.

Or you can do it yourself like the others said. Youll have more pride in your truck than if you paid someone to do it. But as myself, I (personally) dont know what I am doing, and would have trouble explaing to the wife how the truck caught fire.

Old 03-30-2004, 10:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dupuis

I would just like to say.........you did a great job on your stereo set-up....GREAT JOB ! ! !

Old 03-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by jamzwayne
Dupuis

I would just like to say.........you did a great job on your stereo set-up....GREAT JOB ! ! !

Thanks man, I appreciate that.

Quick Reply: Audio Systems