2004 - 2008 F-150

Speed Dependent Windshield Wiper?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Speed Dependent Windshield Wiper?

The owner's manual talks about a speed-dependent intermittent wiper "if equipped." I never saw this as an option when ordering the Lariat, and I would have ordered it. My truck definitely does not have it. Has anyone been told by their dealer that it's an option? You can't order it when you build the truck on the Ford web site.

Old 03-11-2004, 02:34 PM
Cool

You have it, read the manual.

Old 03-11-2004, 06:50 PM
I read the manual, and I understand how it is supposed to work. When I said I did not have it in my Lariat, that was based on my observation of the windshield wiper speed while driving the truck. I did not notice any difference in the speed of the wipers, no matter what speed I was driving. Perhaps I just needed to get it on the Freeway doing 65 instead of back roads doing 55? I really didn't see a difference between 55mph and sitting at a stop light.

When I built the truck on the Ford web site, it listed all the standard equipment as well as all the selected options for the Lariat. Nowhere is a speed dependent wiper mentioned, except a little blurb in the owner's manual that says "(if equipped)" That's the only reference I could find about it.

Can you notice a difference in the speed of yours? Perhaps my isn't working correctly.

Old 03-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Be assured that you have it. In the interval mode, time the interval of swipes at 70...now check at a stop. Example: in one instance, I was getting a swipe every 7 seconds, at stop every 10 seconds.

Old 03-11-2004, 09:36 PM
Thanks Grimalkin,

I'll check it out. I'm going to assume that it works on all the intermittent settings. It sure seems like a difference of only 3 swipes when you're talking about a 70 mph difference doesn't seem all that effective. I guess that's why I didn't notice it, since I'm still breaking the truck in and haven't taken it above 60 yet. Wouldn't it be nice if this option were programmable?!

Quick Reply: Speed Dependent Windshield Wiper?