2004 - 2008 F-150

X-Plan availabilty

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X-Plan availabilty

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if my employment company offers the x-plan. I will be working for General Dynamics this summer, and was wondering if anyone know if they participated in the x-plan. If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks.

Old 03-08-2004, 10:55 PM
If not, does anyone know of another secondary way to get the x-plan?

Old 03-08-2004, 10:59 PM
I would think that a company as large and well known as General Dynamics would have the xplan. Most large corporations offer these types of incentives to their employees. If you have anyone in your extended family that can get xplan, they can give you a pin #. BTW, congrats on the great job!

Old 03-09-2004, 09:56 AM
Thanks, I would think so too, but as I don't start until the summer, I haven't been able to find this out as of yet, but I will try to find out soon so that I know for sure.

Old 03-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Contact the Human Resources department and they will know for sure!!

Old 03-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Unhappy

Yeah, you would think a big company like General Dynamics would do the program, but yeah, they don't! So, since the dealers around me suck to deal with, I am gonna try to find an X-Plan pin somewhere else. If I know someone that works for ford would they be able to get me something? I am good friends with the Parts Manager at the local dealership. Should I see what he might be able to do? Maybe there is a generous soul on here willing to help me out also maybe??

Old 03-10-2004, 05:52 PM
bump

Old 03-10-2004, 08:15 PM
If u get the truck at invoice which u should xplan only saved me like 200 bucks wouldnt sweat it to hard. But it was 200 bucks in my pocket.

Old 03-10-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by roboots21
Yeah, I am good friends with the Parts Manager at the local dealership. Should I see what he might be able to do?
should be able to, he's allowed to give out two a year and afterall, the X plan is called the "Friends and Neighbors Program"
nothing to do with family, that would be A,Z plan or whatever. Friends of mine hooked me up with my X plan, no relation whatsoever.

Old 03-10-2004, 09:00 PM
X-plan can be passed on????

I do work for company that gets the x-plan and I was under the impression that the x-plan was for the employee only. This would be great if it can be passed on, been trying to talk the old man into a new F150.

Just curious if anyone knows for sure whether or not the x-plan can be passed on?

Old 03-10-2004, 09:03 PM
Re: X-plan can be passed on????

Originally posted by MGraber
I do work for company that gets the x-plan and I was under the impression that the x-plan was for the employee only. This would be great if it can be passed on, been trying to talk the old man into a new F150.

Just curious if anyone knows for sure whether or not the x-plan can be passed on?
A or Z planners may be the only ones eligible to pass on X-plan pin #'s, dont know if an x-planner could pass along an x-plan, probably would be for an employee only in that case.

Old 03-10-2004, 09:47 PM
I used X-plan to purchase my truck and I obtained the PIN from a customer of mine. I am a contractor and did a kitchen renovation for gentleman who was a member of the Disabled American Veterans. He wrote the PIN down for me and I gave it to my dealer. They accepted it, no questions asked. They never asked me where I got it. I believe that a PIN holder can give it out up to 6 times per year. I could be wrong about this, but it worked for me.

Old 03-11-2004, 07:32 PM
my A planner had to email Ford with my ssn and name to get the Pin # for me is how I understand it.

Old 03-23-2004, 03:12 PM
Unhappy No x-plan for parent

Hello, first post here. I went to my local dealer (Jim Burke Ford Bakersfield Ca) to buy a 2004 screw today. My son is employed with Halliburton which has the x-plan. I was told by the Sales Manager that the x-plan was for the employee and spouse only, not parents. That the plan participation is governed by the sponsoring Co. Is this correct? They wanted to give me a "great" deal anyway. No thanks for now.

Thanks Jim

Old 03-23-2004, 08:18 PM
Only people eligible for A Plan can give out A or X Plan pins. My sister works for Hertz and I am eligible for A Plan pricing since I am a sibling. She can also give out X Plan pins to non family members.

My company allows us to purchase via X Plan and it's only for employees. It's not possible to pass it on, but I don't need it since I get the A thru sissy. It's good to have options.

Quick Reply: X-Plan availabilty