2004 - 2008 F-150

Blower motor making noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had the same noise thought it was the Fan but the fix is -
theres a wire harrness behind the Radio / climate control face plate that rubs
(1) I zip tied this to a cross member
(2) I also took out the ashtray which after face plate is removed is only fastened at the top with two fasteners screws so u put some glass seal (its like a tape caulking material) in the bottum two points of the ashtray to make a rub free zone

also while the ashtray was out i poped out the little gear that makes the ashtray open slowly well in cold weather it would not even open and i'm a smoker so that just wasn't right now it opens very easily

well anyways its been two weeks since i did this 10 minute job and no noise what so ever

Old 11-23-2021, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same thing X2...

I have the same damn chirp. I replaced the blower motor myself - 2014 F150 FX4 - 3 screws but damn near impossible if you're not tiny or a contortionist. After finally getting the new blower motor in i enjoyed a quiet van ride for about 10 months. Now the replacement blower motor is chirping too! I'm wishing I would have kept my old one so I could find someplace to drill s small hole and spray some graphite powder or wd40 or something to kill the "cricket" in my system.
If anyone has suggestions, short of continually replacing a non failed motor because of a chirp, I'd love to hear them.

QUOTE=JDaddy;1259962]Well not to beat a issue to death, but my truck goes in again for the same reason. The fan is at the point that I either keep it off so I dont have to listen to the noise (which sucks when it is still below freezing in Wis) or I have it on full blast and regulate the temp by keeping the windows cracked. I drive a hour each way to work and this is just unaccetable to pay this much for a truck and have to listen to this fan squeak all the time. I now the owner of the dealership agreed to take a ride with me and listen to this
thing squeak. Maybe I should take him to a bar and get him drunk and get a new truck out of it . Anyway for those that have the same problem I will keep you updated but as of this morning Ford does not claim to have a fix for this fan yet.

Thanks for letting vent.[/QUOTE]

Old 11-29-2021, 04:45 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
I guess I got a good one ... in between.

Quick Reply: Blower motor making noise