2004 - 2008 F-150

How Long From Build to Ship?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How Long From Build to Ship?

I'm interested to know what time frame others have experienced between Gate Release and Ship.

My Lariat Supercab 4x4 was built in Richmond in exactly 4 weeks and I'm thrilled with that. But after showing "Produced" and "Gate Release" of Nov 13, It hasn't shipped as of Nov. 20. Is this the norm?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not griping. I'm just impatient and excited. There's mods to done before the real cold weather begins!

Of course, I realize that it could take weeks to arrive after being shipped, but I would feel better to know that it's on it way.

Old 11-20-2003, 11:54 PM
My truck (built in KC)

Built: 11/4
Released: 11/4
Ship: 11/5

Shipped a day after release,,, still not here (just north of Chicago).

Old 11-21-2003, 07:01 AM
I scrolled through 20 pages of previous "VIN Check" threads and found that most trucks were shipped a day or to after being granted gate release.

Mine is at eight days now, and I'm wondering if myself and others are being affected by this.......

Originally posted by Mckbck17
I guess I'll comment on this subject. I'm ticked off about the wait. Ordered 09/06/03. Scheduled for delivery 10/14/03. Guess what? There is a "Quality Hold" on 6,000 units at the Norfolk assembly plant for a possible "misplaced" oil pan gasket. Yep, six thousand!!! My VIN # 1FTPX14554NA54294 is one of them. The sales manager has talked to everyone he can (while I sat in his office). I have bugged them every week. I do not blame the dealer. I have called and e-mailed Ford Customer Service and have been told they know nothing about the hold and I'll just have to wait. The sales manager is being told they are not going to ship any of them until all 6,000 are inspected and cleared of the problem. That's idiotic!!! I have 27 years experience in manufacturing and "Quality Holds" are cleared in "lots" in order to make more room for additional production. There has to be more to the story than what I am able to find out. Anybody out there have some connections/knowledge on what's going on there?
Has anyone else caught wind of this?

With my truck showing "gate release", I would guess that mine is cleared for shipping.

This may be my punishment for getting built so quick! Ship it already and let the mystery arrival time limbo begin!

Old 11-21-2003, 08:55 AM
I think I hold the record on this...

Gate Release Date: 10/8/2003
Ship Date: 11/05/2003

It arrived at dealer on 11/13, so once it got moving it was OK.

Old 11-21-2003, 09:08 AM
Gate Release Date: 10/8/2003
Ship Date: 11/05/2003
Yeah, I saw that. Brutal, James!

Any reason given as to why your truck sat so long before being shipped? The second longest gap I found between build and ship was 8 days. Today is day eight for me. I don't hope to break your record!

Old 11-21-2003, 09:15 AM
Closest thing to a reason given was your post above about the 6000 truck hold. Maybe that was it.

I was afraid it was going to come in with alot of miles from testing or something. Had 10 on it.

One thing. With the .9% and rebate for having a Dakota in the family, the delay saved me about $1500.

Old 11-21-2003, 05:40 PM
I had a produced date of 11/10
arrived to dealer 11/20

K.C. to N.Y.

Hope this gives a little hope.

Trending Topics

Old 11-21-2003, 06:07 PM
Well, here's the latest.........

After complaining that my truck hasn't shipped as of 11/20, turns out it's been at the dealer since 11/17! . That's right, one of those secret night drops that even the dealer didn't seem to know about. They just parked it in some dark corner of the lot and my salesman finally found it today! After all my bitchin', turns out my truck was at the dealers 4 days after being built.

Oh, It gets better......

I went to pick it up today and it's got scratches all over it. Two areas, one on the hood & one on the side of the bed, are not good. We immediately took it to an independant body shop to get an opinion. They seemed confident that it could be buffed out. They are doing a complete detail on the whole truck on Monday. I refused to take delivery until I see the results of the detail. A moderate bummer, to say the least. The rest of the truck seems to be in order.

My dealer is getting stuck with the detail bill because no one was there to note the damage when the carrier drop it off. I've no beef with them. It's not their fault and they've been great about repairing it.

Last edited by Clem; 11-21-2003 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-21-2003, 06:22 PM
My build to ship record is still safe!

Glad to hear yours is in.

Quick Reply: How Long From Build to Ship?