2004 - 2008 F-150

Tell me my rear seat is not vinyl when it is suppose to be leather!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds expensive?

Classic Soft Trim will be able to to 100% leather (Front & Back) all seats for approx. $1000. This number includes the two-tone, yellow stitching and "FX4" embroidery in the seatbacks.

They are expecting to have the patterns for the Bucket Seats in SCrew's in a few weeks.

Old 11-18-2003, 06:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
standard automaker practice with the leather seating surfaces and pleather backs and such. car and driver bitched about this on the 99 cobra, then they realized every manufacturer besides the exotics do the same. and as long as the claws on my brittany dont damage the pleather, i could care less. rockpick is right, the last vehicle i cna remember that ford had full leather seats on (king ranch aside) was my moms 93 supercoupe. hell, the backs on my 92 mustangs leather seats are pleather...

Old 11-20-2003, 06:03 PM
I had the Classic Soft Trim seats put into my 02 EXPY (3 rows of seats two tone leather plus extra bolstering in sides and thighs added with embrodered front seats) and it was $1,300 installed. I can tell you that these are way more superior than factory "leather". They have installers in most major citys. I WILL have them do my 04 XLT after a few other mods!

Old 11-20-2003, 06:30 PM
Leather

The real reason they do it is that vinyl holds up much better than vinyl on the edges of the seat. Most of the wear happens when getting in and out of the vehicle. My friend has a King Ranch F250 and the seats show a lot of wear on the sides. Which is okay with that type of leather, but would you want your light tan leather to start cracking and weathering on your new truck. The fact is that the leather in todays cars is so processed that it hard to really call it leather. They add color and smell to make it seem like leather.

BTW I have a new 04 Supercrew Lariat and love it.

Quick Reply: Tell me my rear seat is not vinyl when it is suppose to be leather!!!!