2004 - 2008 F-150

My-my-my (Black FX4)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My-my-my (Black FX4)

Gentlemen, all I can say- after seeing the 2004 FX4, black on black Supercrew in person is......

Geeyacht-Dayum! That is a Sweet-@$$ truck!
(I wanted that bad boy, and get this- I don't even LIKE 4x4's!!) It's black with black leather, they had the chrome step-rails on it, and it already had the vent visors and bug deflector on it. It's at North Central Ford, Richardson, TX but the General Manager is driving it, (Not for sale just yet) and no other FX4's on the lot.

It had the floor shifter (Much cooler than the 1970's column shifters), and was laid out very well.

N.C. Ford has beaucoup Lariat's, but only one with the floor shifter- it was burguny (Or Dark red) with the floor shifter, wood grain & tan seats no step rails or running boards- nice, but not nearly as 'Oh my God' inspiring as seeing the FX4 for the first time.

Now I see why people buy the FX4. I thought the FX4 was a downgrade from the XLT (Ala STX) so I never paid them much attention.

North Central has a few SuperCrew Lariat's- but only one with the floor shifter, all the rest had the column shifter, which I definitely do NOT want~ especially after seeing how cool the floor shifter ergonomics are.

My wife, who drives our SuperCrew, was immediately carried away. We have a new edition enroute, so we'll probably end up getting a 2003 Expedition; but man- I have to admit that FX4 was Schweet.

Courtesy Nissan is in the same parking lot, so when the Titan comes out, a head to head comparo won't be too difficult; but from what I saw today- as we said back home in the country, working in the fields.

"The Titan will have one tough row to hoe."

Congrats Ford- ya done good- all BS & nit-picking aside.
Nissan, I got faith in you, but just in case- good luck!! I think the Titan is still gonna be sweet, but man- you guys have your work cut out for you. I think Nissan and Ford will both trounce Chevy, GMC, Toyota & Dodge.

Last edited by Bighersh; 09-28-2003 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Yes. I saw a monotone red FX4 Screw the other day. It was next to a beige Lariat Screw. The thing looked ten times bigger than the Lariat. Had the column shifter and the 17" wheels. Even though the 17 inchers are weak, it still looked monstrous next to the Lariat. I'll take mine in silver, please. KTHXBYE.

Old 09-28-2003, 11:03 PM
Man, that dealer is driving my truck! Get him to slap a CA emissions on that thing and send it my way!

Oh well...I'll just dream some more while I'm waiting at the dealer shop to get my explorer fixed.

Old 09-29-2003, 02:42 PM
Bighersh,

I also took a swing by North Central Ford about two weeks ago...man, they had a lot of '04's there. But they got 'em lined up behind the showroom rather than out front along the Expressway. Looks like they're still trying to move the '03's out first.

The sales guy let me sit in a tan Lariat Screw...nice truck. Liked the layout of the dash, floor shifter, controls, etc. Seats felt good, overall ergonomics okay...only some time on the road would reveal how good it really is.

But I looked over to my trusty '98 XLT Supercab sitting at the curb, realized it was still in great shape and paid for. So I got in it and drove home. To me, the '97 design still is quite appealing; doesn't strike me as all that dated. I'd like to think someday they'll be collectables, even though they're common as dirt right now.

I really like the '04 redesign. It just ain't enough yet to pull me out of my '98 and back into years of payments. It'll be really hard to let go of the best truck I've ever owned when that day comes.

Last edited by shophound; 09-29-2003 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:13 PM
Hey ToD

Saw two FX4, one Scab, the other Screw, both styleside in silver when I walking aroung the dealer today. NICE! Was gonna take some more pictures but the battery in my camera died.

Old 09-29-2003, 05:28 PM
What dealer is this? Or does it not matter because maybe you're in Northern Cal?

Old 09-29-2003, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I'm in Nor Cal, it was Henry Curtis Ford in Petaluma.

Trending Topics

Old 09-30-2003, 10:41 AM
I hear ya ShopHound-

Yeah, North Central has lots of 04's, just not many with the floor shifter. When I was there on Saturday, they said they had one lariat with the floor shifter, he went and got it, and we sat in it. it was nice, but after seeing the FX-4's black on black, it was a let down to see the enterior of the Lariat (Although they're identical with the exception of the woodgrain.) I'm sure it'd look just as good in black.

It's just that the 'Wow" factor of the FX-4 surpases the Lariat, in my opinion. I can't wait to see what the KR (If produced) and Harley (If produced as an F-150 again) will look like.

The Lariat wasn't two tone, which earned it points with me as well. It was all the same color. I'm sure it would be sweet with similiar accessory treatments. I'll take mine in black.

Old 09-30-2003, 03:19 PM
Re: Hey ToD

Originally posted by KDTruckie
Saw two FX4, one Scab, the other Screw, both styleside in silver when I walking aroung the dealer today. NICE! Was gonna take some more pictures but the battery in my camera died.
KDTruckie - If you ever get around to snapping up a few pix of the Screw, it would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: My-my-my (Black FX4)