2004 - 2008 F-150

Window Sticker Errors - Thank you Ford!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I was getting my information ready for my re-order, I noticed that the wording of the Audiophile option was strange on the spec sheet the dealer uses to order from. It said, "Audiophile (requires 6-Disc, In-dash CD Changer.)" Which, when I read it, meant that you had to get the 6 dash changer to get the Audiophile. So you had to get the first to get the second. You had to pay for both. Original pricing was $250 for the 6-CD and $250 for Audiophile upgrade. Of course now I'll probably have to pay the full price since I just re-ordered the other day. I thought it was weird to get the suped up model for the same price as the regular one.

Last edited by Guigster; 09-08-2003 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:21 PM
Dual Media

Dual Media means cassette and Single CD disk. Saw one in F-150 this past weekend. Audiophile requires six disk changer (what I ordered)

Old 09-08-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Spiderman
Yes, I was referring to keeping them as MP3 and making an MP3 disc...like I use in my Rio Volt MP3 player. I can fit, depending on album length and sample rate, between 7-12 on each disc. These are not standard audio CD's like for the living room CD player. So it's really like having a 10 disc CD changer in the truck. And there is at least one mfr out there that makes an MP3 in dash that has a hard drive in it, I think it's like a 40 gig drive. It's quite feasible to take your entire collection of music in the truck.
i am assuming you mean you get 7-12 albums per disc depending on sample rates. so that is like having a juke box in dash with the 6-disc changer... mmm....6 disc changer that plays MP3s....

SWEET!

Quick Reply: Window Sticker Errors - Thank you Ford!