2004 - 2008 F-150

Delay on Screws because of Tubes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Delay on Screws because of Tubes?

I talked to my dealer today on the status of my FX4 Screw that I orderd on 5-13-03. I was orignally told that the truck had a build date of late august or early sept. Now I was told that all Screws with tube running boards or moonroofs were being delayed. I was told there was a issue with the tubes ( I didn't ask about moonroof didn't order one). They wouldn't tell me what the "ISSUE" was only that Ford was in the process of correcting it. Could it be a supplier problem or a structual one does anybody know? Also they said if by next week they are still getting the same information from Ford that they would take the tubes off of my order and just install them at a later date in hopes this will quicken the order. I'm usally a patient person but I've been without a truck since may!!! C'mon Ford your going to delay $35,000 to $40,000 trucks because of some stupid tubes Just leave them off and build the rest of the damn truck!!!!!! Ship them to the dealers for free installation when the "ISSUE" is resolved if there is actually a "ISSUE" Like I said earlier if anybody has any info it would be a great

Old 08-11-2003, 11:21 PM
I ordered my SuperCrew today with the tubular running boards and asked specifically if there was an issue concerning them and he said that if there was, it would show up as "late availability" or show a warning when he placed the order. Nothing came up and it accepted the order without any warnings. I guess we'll see what happens. Good luck!

Old 08-12-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Stratman
I ordered my SuperCrew today with the tubular running boards and asked specifically if there was an issue concerning them and he said that if there was, it would show up as "late availability" or show a warning when he placed the order. Nothing came up and it accepted the order without any warnings. I guess we'll see what happens. Good luck!
Of course it showed no problems, they get your money first, then come back later and say "opps, we have a problem"

Just kidding, good luck, man you guys are lucky waiting on your new 04'S...

Old 08-12-2003, 07:25 AM
Tubes

I'm assuming you are speaking of the bright step tubes. When I ordered my SCrew in May I was told that the tubes were late availability. Around the 1st of July my dealer said he had gotten word from Ford that the tubes would be available 9/1. I also ordered the Sun Roof (another delay) so I am hoping for mid October delivery. I have not received a build date..

Old 08-12-2003, 08:10 AM
I had the same problem. I was told there could be a delay. But it changes every day

Old 08-12-2003, 09:34 AM
L Squared

No I orderd the Black tubes

JOB1124

Old 08-12-2003, 10:11 AM
Can you delete them from the order? I would and just have a set of tubes ie westin platinums installed at a later date... Of course that is if you want the truck sooner.

Trending Topics

Old 08-12-2003, 05:05 PM
Tubes

I have not heard of any problems with them or moon roofs, but I will check tomorrow.

Old 08-12-2003, 11:50 PM
I was told by the Ford Rep that the bright tubes were being deleted as a factory option are are only going to be available as a dealer add on. My dealer supposedly ordered several bright tubes to compensate for this change which are identical to the factory ones. The tubes are the same one. I deleted them from my order to speed up the process just to come and find out that two-tone and moonroof are delaying the process too. I can't win. I'll add on aftermarket or dealer installed tubes when it arrives.
I wish we could get more and accurate info when you are trying to spend this much money that way we can make decisions based on facts not speculations

Quick Reply: Delay on Screws because of Tubes?