2004 - 2008 F-150

XM in 04

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have any sound information that the 04 is rigged for Sirius and/or XM....

If so, where would you have to get the Head Unit? From Ford?
Will it be a Universal install?

I don't have any experience with satelite radio, but I'm going to visit Best buy and Circuit City today and start my investigation.

Old 08-11-2003, 06:43 PM
Thats weird, they must have upped thier channels because last time I counted, I counted 80 something. Either that or I counted wrong, which would be unusual.

147: Is that a comedy?

Thanks for the input , RV

Old 08-12-2003, 02:32 AM
Re: Re: Screen Savers & Recommendations ?

Originally posted by RockPick
The numbers don't lie either... The number of XM subscribers far surpass the number of Sirius users.
From my understanding, XM beat Sirius to the market which would explain the difference in numbers. Plus, XM has actively marketed their product with various television spots. I can't even recall seeing a Sirius commercial.

Also consider that a number of the subscribers may include retailers selling the product.

But anyways, I think the true testament of the technology comes from those who do not financially gain from the product, like those of us who visit this forum.

As for me, I will wait until they can broadcast video signals. Mp3 tech has made the audio portion useless to me. If and when they offer video signals, it will make current tech obsolete... so I'd rather not make my investment just yet.

Also, the future of 802.16 is proving to be quite interesting. Could prove to compete with satellite in the long run, after the infrastructure is set up.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10394 is a link to an article about 802.16 for those who are interested.

Old 08-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Im not sure why youd want video in your car as far as music, maybee I got lost somewhere in here. BUT I do know one thing, I hope XM and Sirius do something about their antennas to make them more low profile. I hate having something sticking out of my truck, it just looks weird.