2004 - 2008 F-150

Saw one near Baltimore!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Saw one near Baltimore!

I saw one in Ellicott City MD (west of Baltimore)! It was a red supercrew FX4. I chased it to the local grocery store but was not able to catch the driver so I could only see it from the outside. Here's the deal. The truck looked fantastic, bright red with grey two-tone paint. The grey leather interior looked awsome. I never really liked the interior of the FX4 but when I saw it in person...WOW. I can't wait to see the Lariat.

What I didn't like:
1. they did slightly change the steering wheel and it doesn't look as good.

2. the back seat was folded up and had about a foot of flat storage area due to the audiophile subwoofer and a big plastic holder for the jack etc. If this is the same setup as the supercab will have, they will not have any flat storage space.

3. one the windshield in front of the rearview mirror there are thousands of black dots (to give a tinted effect) that read F150. It looked cheasy and I expect to replace the windshield after the first stone chips it. (I don't know how else to explain how this looks so use your imagination)

4. It does have an a$$ end up stance as seen in the pictures

This truck had manufacturers tags from michigan and a Bob Davidson Ford liscence plate frame. Other than the 4 minor things that I mentioned, I couldn't design a better looking truck!

P.s. this truck had the BF goodrich rugged trail tires on it and they looked great.

Old 08-12-2003, 11:49 AM
The occasional glimpse of a 2004 ... it kind of reminds me of sightings of UFOs and Elvis. I am ready to take the next step and test drive one.

Bigsherm, I agree with you. It seems like the interior space in the supercabs and supercrews is going to be limited with the rear seat folding back. I realize it's a truck and the bed is there to haul cargo but I would have rather had a wider flat surface for hauling weather-sensitive items inside the extended cabs.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Old 08-12-2003, 11:55 AM
On the way to work this morning, I saw a hauler with about 4-5 of them on the highway going the oposite direction, then, about two miles later, i saw a pack of them, litterally 7 or 8, driving down the road. I live in Louisville, we have 2 Ford truck plants here. heavy trucks and small trucks, no f-150 production here, but seen them anyway.

If they do have the *** end up I'll have to really re-consider the purchase of one until i figure out a way to level it out... Looks like a damn red-necked up 1977 camaro !!...

Old 08-12-2003, 12:13 PM
What's the deal with the a$$ end? Is this indicitave of 4x4's or will 4x2's be the same? Some pictures I see look normal and others are out of control.

Old 08-12-2003, 05:23 PM
As far as the cargo space in the back of a SCAB, I currently have a Reg. Cab so I dont think Ill notice the difference. For the rest of you complaining about the raised *** of the truck, there are plenty of theorys and answers elseware on the forum. Personally, I dont mind.

Quick Reply: Saw one near Baltimore!