2004 - 2008 F-150

What happened to Rancho Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened to Rancho Suspension?

I don't see the mention of Rancho suspension any where in Ford or in the booklets? Did the drop Rancho?? So whats so special about the FX4 now?? Other than a cool decal.

Old 07-31-2003, 11:03 AM
Come to think about it I haven't seen anything about Rancho shocks either. I wouldn't think they would drop them though. But the special thing about them now is the unique interior.

Old 07-31-2003, 11:12 AM
The interior is kinda cool. I'm still disapointed that the back bench is not leather just imatation leather. Does the FX4 stand taller then the Lariat? Do you know who replaced Rancho? and it the new suspension any good?

Old 07-31-2003, 11:23 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll turn this around. What was so special about the prior FX4? The Rancho shocks were much inferior to many aftermarket shocks, even Rancho ones. Ford gave Rancho the specs to manufacture to and Rancho made them unique for the OEM. Ford just wanted the marketing. Rancho probalby manufactures all the F-150 shocks for volume discounts.

The same may be true of the 2004 model, but I have not heard anything specifically from marketing about using Rancho shocks like the FX4 package did.

The FX4 is a inique trim level now. It offers a lot more than the old package got you on an XLT.

Old 07-31-2003, 11:49 AM
I really don't why I like the Rancho so much? I was always told that Rancho was a great suspension. I'm sure there in nothing wrong with the new suspension.

Old 07-31-2003, 01:05 PM
Maybe they'll add a FX4 Level II like on the Ranger that is more of an actual Off Road Package instead of a trim package. I'd think this would be a good move. I suspect that there will be more choices next year or possibly even this year if they get the launch done right.

Old 07-31-2003, 03:24 PM
I thought I read somewhere that the heavy duty suspension would include Rancho shocks. I dunno....maybe I didn't see it. I wouldn't believe that they would change. They are using Rancho branded shocks on the 250 now. So....if you get a trailer tow package, or the equivelant Off Road Package/FX4 you''ll probably end up with Rancho branded shocks.

Not a deal stopper no matter what.........

-jeff b.

Trending Topics

Old 08-01-2003, 12:19 AM
It is disapointing that the rear seat will be just vinyl and not leather. From what I have read on different reviews people have been quite impressed with the FX4 suspension both off road and on. I'm sure there is quite a bit of truth in what APT said about Ford and Rancho, so if the new one doesn't have or even if it does have Rancho shocks you could probally just search around and find a good set of Rancho's or some other brand and have a good base for an off road suspension.

Quick Reply: What happened to Rancho Suspension?