1997 - 2003 F-150

v6 4.2 exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I built my own. Even went to YouTube University to learn welding. I cut off all the cats and ran dual pipes into an X pipe (bought online for 20 bucks. Essentially the pipes are ran like the stock Y pipe. 1 pipe coming across to meet with the other pipe, then both into an X pipe. Then 2 flowmaster flow fx mufflers. Everyone tells me it sounds good. It's got just a little drone, which I like. Deep sound. And when it's in park I smash the gas up to about 4k rpm and it does the "brappp" sound as the rims drop. I have noticed some extra low end torque. ive done the gotts mod and Im getting a tuner for it soon. Oh, another bonus. I sold that Cats for $700

Old 06-08-2022, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ninja750
I built my own. Even went to YouTube University to learn welding. I cut off all the cats and ran dual pipes into an X pipe (bought online for 20 bucks. Essentially the pipes are ran like the stock Y pipe. 1 pipe coming across to meet with the other pipe, then both into an X pipe. Then 2 flowmaster flow fx mufflers. Everyone tells me it sounds good. It's got just a little drone, which I like. Deep sound. And when it's in park I smash the gas up to about 4k rpm and it does the "brappp" sound as the rims drop. I have noticed some extra low end torque. ive done the gotts mod and Im getting a tuner for it soon. Oh, another bonus. I sold that Cats for $700
Got a Video of it?

Quick Reply: v6 4.2 exhaust help