1997 - 2003 F-150

2000 F150 XLT Auto lamp install

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 F150 XLT Auto lamp install

I have a 2000 f150 xlt and I was wanting to put the things needed for the auto lamps to function in my truck. I found an old thread stating you just need the headlight switch and the oval surfboard dash trim piece with the sensor built into it and so I went ahead and picked up the sensor out of a 1999 lariat and the headlight switch out of a 2001 xlt at a local junkyard. The Headlight switch plugged in perfectly fine. When I went to plug in the sensor, that's where everything got confusing. There's either a completely different sensor with a completely different pigtail for the 2000-2003s, or I'm missing the plug entirely. When I was at the junkyard I had a feeling something like this may happen, so I checked a base model 1998 without the sensor and it had the pigtail. I did find a pigtail that wasn't connected to anything in my truck, but it wouldn't connect to the sensor. Is there a part number or do I need to get the sensor out of the correct year? The OP of the thread I referred to earlier said they were able to plug and play so I'd assume my truck wouldn't be any different. I attached two photos. One showing the pigtail on my truck and the other showing the sensor. Here is a link to the thread I was talking about as well if anybody is interested https://www.f150online.com/forums/19...y-97-f150.html

Quick Reply: 2000 F150 XLT Auto lamp install