1997 - 2003 F-150

Weird exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird exhaust?

Ok so I'm not very familiar with exhaust but I crawled under the truck and muffler is huge. Also on one side it is bolted on and the other side leading to the bed is welded. So what kind of exhaust should I order? I've heard there's bolt on and weld on. I need the exact kind since my girlfriend wants to get it for my birthday. I'm looking at the flowmaster 40 series if that helps

Old 08-31-2014, 03:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Texaslax22
Ok so I'm not very familiar with exhaust but I crawled under the truck and muffler is huge. Also on one side it is bolted on and the other side leading to the bed is welded. So what kind of exhaust should I order? I've heard there's bolt on and weld on. I need the exact kind since my girlfriend wants to get it for my birthday. I'm looking at the flowmaster 40 series if that helps
I agree that muffler is huge... the current exhaust configuration sounds normal/factory

yes, most "aftermarket" exhaust systems are a bolt on units.
Have you found the exhaust section here?>>https://www.f150online.com/forums/ex...ke-systems-27/

Just a heads up, many here are not so favorable to flowmasters...But it is all about what you like. I would encourage you to look in the exhaust section, & research there.

BTW way I'm running a 18" Magnaflow SISO...nothing else, & for me that is what I wanted, nothing too obnoxious, just a little more rumble

Old 09-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you I should have gone there first. Thanks for the link.

Quick Reply: Weird exhaust?