1997 - 2003 F-150

never bringing my truck into school again!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never bringing my truck into school again!!

okay so lets start by saying i am currently attending Nascar Technical Institute in Mooresville, nc. i needed to pad slap my truck, you know not a big deal, well i had a friend take my truck into his brake class. So i asked him to pad slap my truck.
well since i have hubbed rotors the teacher showed them how to change them out, well they said that i had my right side to loose on the outer bearing. you know everyone that i have talked to says thats not a huge deal, well they took it apart suppoce to clean them and then of course re-grease them.

well about 1,000 miles after my truck was in the brake class. well yesterday i heard some popping from my right front, and then lost my brakes (luckly was able to stop, and was already in a parking lot) i started looking everything over, and everything looked good, till i gave my wheel a good jiggle, and sure enough it moved, well i took off the cover and then the grease cap, things looked decent, except for the black grease, and bent washer, so i took the retaining bolt off, and sure enough, i have a new attatchment to my spindle, the bearing welded itself to the spindle. so i ran by a few parts store and noone caries the spindle, my last resort sadly was going to a dealership, for the spindle, new bearings, races, bolt and washer, its going to cost me only $300

i talked to the instructor who was incharge of the class, and he said it was most likely my bearing was already going bad, but noone had told me that or i would have happily bought new bearings, i still think that it was either not greased properly or over tightened, i will know tomorrow when i out everything back together, i am deff. going to check out my left side to see how things look. wish me luck

but thats why i have decided that my truck is never going back into the shop up at school

Old 05-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know I wouldn't.

A lot of guys that don't really know what they are doing and one instructor to keep an eye on them. I'm all for people learning but they can learn on someone else's truck.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:31 PM
2009 F150online Truck of the Year

sorry to hear about

Old 05-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Yea It sounds like it was over tightened. Learned my lesson on that real quick

Quick Reply: never bringing my truck into school again!!