1997 - 2003 F-150

1998 Keyless Entry Location??

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 Keyless Entry Location??

Hey all.

I just bought a 1998 4.6L F150 extended cab. It has power everything, but I wasn't given a remote for keyless entry. I was wondering if it is possible that keyless entry is equipped but I just don't know about it. If so, where could I find it to see if it exists? If not, anyone recommend a relatively inexpensive system I could put in?

Thanks!

Old 01-20-2010, 10:58 AM
This topic was actually just recently discussed. I'm not sure if there is a physical way to determine if you in fact have keyless entry or not, but read through this post. Good luck.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/19...ess-entry.html

Old 01-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by ChrisT
This topic was actually just recently discussed. I'm not sure if there is a physical way to determine if you in fact have keyless entry or not, but read through this post. Good luck.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/19...ess-entry.html
Thanks Chris. I guess I jumped the gun on this post. I just found that thread right before I checked back here.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:13 AM
No worries. I'm just not positive if there is a way (as I posted in that thread) to determine if you have keyless entry or not. I would think that any truck with power locks would have it, so basically any model above base or XL.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to the Ford brochue for 1998 F Series, Remote Keyless Entry/ Ati-THEFT/ Illuminated entry was and option on the XLT and Lariat only. Power locks and windows are standard. So I would think if you have the little red Led or security flashing in the instrument panel, you have keyless entry.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Glen R
According to the Ford brochue for 1998 F Series, Remote Keyless Entry/ Ati-THEFT/ Illuminated entry was and option on the XLT and Lariat only. Power locks and windows are standard. So I would think if you have the little red Led or security flashing in the instrument panel, you have keyless entry.
The truck is an XLT. I've yet to check because I'm sitting in class, but I don't recall seeing any "anti-theft" or "alarm" light when I start the truck.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Glen R
Glen is on to something there....

Originally Posted by phatgreen
The truck is an XLT. I've yet to check because I'm sitting in class, but I don't recall seeing any "anti-theft" or "alarm" light when I start the truck.
And I think the "anti-theft" light only flashes when the truck is off and key out of the ignition. As to detour any potential thief's from attempting a break in.

Trending Topics

Old 01-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Okay just went out and looked at my 01 Expd. There is a light that says theft just above the tach. It flashes when teh truck is locked and sitting. It also comes on and stays on fo several seconds when you turn teh key on. This may be an indication of teh PATs, system in teh key, at start up however.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:41 PM
So if I find that my truck is NOT equipped with keyless entry (which I'm thinking it's not), does anyone have any suggestions for installing an aftermarket system? I don't want to drop a ton of cash.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:56 PM
There were a couple of articles on here, about this. Some one is selling all different systmes, and supplies a Truck specific wiring harness, so they are plug and play. I can't seem to find his website however.

Found it.
Travis of KCautosound.com several members have used him.
http://kcautosound.com/home.php

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ot...ote-start.html

Last edited by Glen R; 01-20-2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: found Site

Quick Reply: 1998 Keyless Entry Location??