1997 - 2003 F-150

new projectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1clean42
I want to just find some 4300K HIDs for my L heads...that's the temp most OE HID setups use. It's not blue and not yellow really. 5000K max is what I'll go with.
5K is nice, but I wanted a hint of blue, so I went with 6K. They are actually pretty white. Pics:

Just so when people see them on the road they aren't exactly BMW lights but a little blue-er For comparison, those LEDs on the left are running at 4300K. In person you can see a subtle difference, but nothing big.

And to crums, NLJeeping and dirtyd are right. 10K is like a blacklight and 4300K are around the suns brightness at noon. Might want to do a bit more reasearch before you buy. I've personally driven next to an Escalade with 10K and mine overpowered them like a spotlight to a candle

Last edited by Raptor05121; 09-12-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do like your 6000k's, but it seems like some 6000k setups I've seen have a much bluer tint; I'm guessing it's difference in brands and what they describe as 6000K. I really like the pure white look best, which yours is really close to. 10,000K is wayy too blue/purple for my tastes.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
yeah sometimes it depends on the manufacturer. mine are the eBay HID4U ballasts but the bulbs are another set that I got for the bi-xenon feature

Old 09-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by crums440
if you read it it says a doctor, hes actually an eye doctor, and has done numerous tests on the light the eye is more sensitive to and the light that the eye is more "comfortable" in, and these 10k's are not close to the black light at all, the 12k's are closest but are still way far from a black light, and even if the 6k's are closer to sunlight that is worse, have you ever tryed looking outside in the winter when theres snow and you just came from a dark place? same concept here, its easier to see with a light that is when driving in the dark its going to be easier to see with a light that is still just as bright but is closer to dark, that makes it easier for the eye to adjust to the the light intensity, therefor the 10k's are a better light, but it all depends on the company making them, theres also different opinions on what is a better light, or what is brighter, but to me i like the fact that these will not only impact driving at night, but is also easier to drive with. thats just my opinion, so feel free to think otherwise,
That makes absolutely no sense. Some of that would be true, but only if you are gonna go stare into the bulb. I sure hope you dont drive like that. 10k is not going to be easier to see, Its gonna be like walking through a dark field by moon light. especially if you are buying a kit that cost $88, i wouldnt expect the color temp to be what it says. those cheap kits tend to be off in the color. It doesnt take very long for your eyes to adjust to the light anyways.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:11 PM
I went with the 55W bi-xenon kit. and mine out shine just about any factory BMW/merc/audi/acura HIDs. even esclades. my 5Ks are so much brighter than 8K and up. yes, I have parked my truck next to another similar height truck w/ 10Ks and mine shined farther and brighter than his did from sitting in the truck POV. I do highly recomend HIDs over stock halogens, and Im sure HID fogs would be freakin sweet!!! cant wait to get them.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:24 PM
well i am getting the 10k's wether you guys like my opinion or not, and if you understood what im trying to say you would probly still think wat you think because you like your 5k's or whatever, and you also have to realize im having those on projectors and that will concentrate the light so that it will be plenty bright,

Quick Reply: new projectors