Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rotors

I am gettin ready to change my rotors because I recently changed my brakes and notices that it is gettin time for the rotors too. Are there any performance rotors that will last? Ofcourse I am going to change the pads agian when I buy the new rotors. What ever kind of rotor I get I am planning on using a new pair of the OEM. Thanks

Old 03-04-2002, 10:11 AM
Check out the Local Performance shops in your area and find out what you need. After that, you can go ONLINE to see if you can get the same for less! Good luck!

Old 03-04-2002, 10:13 AM
i dont trust the performance shops around my house they like to bs they tell you to change parts that dont do much. One time they told me to buy a Jet from them and get rid of my superchip I knew then they did not know a damn thing

Old 03-05-2002, 07:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb

There is a treatment you can do to new rotors that will make them run cooler, and last much longer. It involves quite a bit of money, but from what I've heard it really helps. The rotors, drums, and calipers are cryogenically frozen in liquid nitrogen and then slowly thawed. The explanation I heard is that it relieves the stress in the metal by rearranging the molecules. Supposedly alot of Nascar teams actually use this procedure to keep the brakes up and running. It sounds like a bunch of BS, but I recently saw a set of drill bits at Home Depot that is treated with the same process.,,,,,98

Old 03-20-2002, 12:37 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The cryo application is not that expensive...about $15 per rotor

Old 03-20-2002, 08:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Well, I got in touch with a company last year about it. They were selling a whole stock brake setup that had been treated, rotors, calipers, drums, etc...
The price was somewhere around $500 to $650. If it can be done that cheaply, where??. I'm sure it would be cheaper just sending in your parts, and not buying a whole brake system already treated.,,,,98

Old 03-23-2002, 10:22 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Carbotech Engineering & Hawk Performce Brakes

Old 03-27-2002, 11:01 PM
Are you sure?

You can't just dip'em in liquid nitrogen. It takes something like 24-48hrs for the whole process if they do it right. First they bring the parts down in temperature slowly with nitrogen gas, then finally dipping, then slowly warming them up over a few hours and eventually baking the parts in a special oven. With the special equipment necessary to do it right I'd think $15 bucks is some kinda special bargain?

Quick Reply: Rotors