Toyo Open Country R/T vs YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR A/T G015

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyo Open Country R/T vs YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR A/T G015

Hi Everyone

Glad to be part of this group. Just a few questions. I bought a 2017 F150 XLT SuperCrew FX4 Package.

I want to put a 6in Rough Country Lift kit on it.

I am at crossroads trying to figure what is better. Toyo Open Country or Yokohama Geolandar G015?

My understanding of tires is minimal at best. So what are your thoughts on the 2 tires listed above. The shop I am thinking of going, the rep says all they do is Toyo. Sounds to me they buy in super bulk. Just a red flag for me when they say they don't know anything about Yokohama or can't suggest others. Sign of a lazy rep or are Yokohama not a suitable tire?

My driving is about 15,000 if that. 60% highway and 40% city. Any suggestions you can provide would be great.

These are the rims I am thinking. Love to see others F150 lifted .

Thanks.

Last edited by Tim Schwartz; 02-07-2020 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:56 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
What year is your truck?

Old 02-07-2020, 12:21 PM
I have a 2017 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Old 02-07-2020, 01:28 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
The Toyos are a great off road tire. Your indication is that you do 0% off road. As such, you'll learn to hate the Toyos. They have a majorly stiff sidewall which makes them ideal for off road but will beat you to death otherwise on the ride. It'll be like driving a stiff legged mule. They are not noted for being quiet either especially after you get miles on them. They are a long life tire but you'll hate them if all you do is drive asphalt. The Yokos are a great riding tire. Great wet or dry traction. Probably not the absolute best for mud but if you have a clue how to drive, they'll go where the best will take you.They are a quiet ride too. About the only thing I could complain about with those I've owned, gas mileage takes a hit- a 27% lower hit. The last set I bought I looked at the max air pressure and chose the size closest to stock with the highest max air pressure. The gas mileage came back and the ride was still great as was traction and zero road noise. The max air pressure was 51 and that's where they stayed. Most normally the Yokos are my "go to" tire. This last set I bought the Vogue Signature Black 275/55/20s. Ride is like a Cadillac, traction is exceptional, and for town and hiway driving the best tire I've ever owned. Might not be an ideal tire for you as these are not off road tyres. I don't run this truck much off road as I have previously. I have other trucks to run off road.

Old 02-07-2020, 01:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know anything about the Yoko tires, we just don't see much of them in my part of the country but my brother put the Toyo Open Country 2 on his 1500 GMC last fall and really likes them. His driving is much like yours with probably 90% of highway and light off road when hunting. He is a picky bastard so ride and noise are a priority and so far he has had nothing negative to say about them. .

Old 05-03-2020, 11:53 AM
I have had the Toyo RT's on my truck with over 50,000 miles on them now and still have at least 5,000 tread left. They look great. You can tell they are meatier than AT's and I'm sure my fuel mileage has come down a bit, but nothing huge. I regularly ride the highway with them 70-80 mph. However, when I first got them and put 40lbs of pressure in them, I was bouncing all over the highway. It was awful. I called Toyo directly and was told these tires need to be kept at 64psi. I've never heard of tires kept at that pressure, but I did it, and the ride completely smoother out. 50,000+ miles later they are still going strong. I'm trying to decide whether to buy them again or go back to BFG KO2 ATs...mainly bc my wife doesn't like the noise they make (louder than AT's but nowhere near as loud as MT) but also bc the AT's will give a better ride on the highway no matter how good the Toyo RT's might be.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:32 AM
is it for sell!!

Old 05-30-2020, 11:33 AM
This discussion is for the sake of variety.

My local 4WheelParts has some tires on sales, buy 3 get 1 free on select ProComp tires.

Any thoughts on ProComp? Other brands, Toyo, Nitto, Hankook, General,...?
Kodi nox

Last edited by Audrey Spency; 05-31-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Toyo Open Country R/T vs YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR A/T G015