Nitto Terra Grapplers

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nitto Terra Grapplers

hey guys i am just lookin around for some tires to go along with my lift kit and the people at my local shop recc. Maxxis Bighorns, but to be honest they look a bit TOO cheap. so i was searing and came across Nitto Terra Grapplers, they look fairly aggressive but i read they are great on the road (considering that it'll be my daily driver, i cant put Boggers or anything on it ) and they come 14.50" wide which is fairly wide. they seem to be fairly priced too. anybody know much about these? are they any good???

Old 01-17-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm about to put them on my truck, but I have heard great things about them. And my friend just put aa set on his truck and loves them.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:48 PM
I have them and love them. This is the 2nd set that I have owned. I previously had them on my Xterra. Personally, I think they are as good as BFG's.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Terra Grapplers, along with the BFG AT KO's and Toyo Open Country AT's are probably the best all terrian tires available.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:59 PM
i had the BFG ATs on my '95 F150 and I just put the nitto terras on my '06. they are both great tires. i would have bought some BFG ATs for the new truck if they made a 295/70/17 tire like the nittos do. (that is the perfect size for my rims and lift.) but unfortunately the BFGs don't come in that size.

i think the BFGs are probably a little higher quality tire and will last longer than the nittos so they would be my first choice. but having said that, you can usually find the nittos much cheaper than the BFGs. and since the nittos are pretty close in quality to the BFGs, they are probably a better value for your money.

just one Ford man's opinion.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:12 PM
I will have a set installed tommorrow on my 06 Screw on factory FX4 wheels with my AS 2.5" lift. I'll let ya know how I like them.
Thanks for the help selecting them Wandell and all!!

Old 01-19-2007, 12:15 AM

I have a set on my 02 Supercrew FX4 and couldn't be happier. I've driven on the BFG's, the original ProComp AT's and now the Nittos. I can really only compare the ProComp's and Nittos since they were on the same truck. Not even close, the Nittos are a much better ride and they handle great on road, both dry and wet (and recently found out great in icy/wet conditions - crazy San Antonio winter). The BFG's were on a base model XL - 2 wheel drive. I thought they were a little stiff and tough to balance, but that could have very well been the truck I was driving as well. My brother has that truck now and is still running the same tires. But back to the question, I don't think you can beat the Nittos for the price. Great tire, great look, great price.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:16 AM
I have the 285/70/17 and love them. I definatly will get them again once these wear out which I have a while to go

Quick Reply: Nitto Terra Grapplers