baja claw radial ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
baja claw radial ?'s

Alright guys I am ready to put my order through for my personal truck. I have the lift and wheels accounted for but I wanted some feedback before i spent on the tires.

I will be purchasing 38x15.50x20 either mt baja claw radials, mud grapplers, toyo mt's.

I am leaning toward the claws, really like the look and seem to be a good all round tire. For those of you that have them how do you like them, how are the road manners of the radial compared to others, would you buy them again.

I know there is a laundry list of guys on here with the grapples so i would personally like to try something different. I dont like to look the same As others. (so i skipped on the moto metal 951's )

We are a dealer for all three so price really isnt the issue. Just want to get the best tire I can.

thanks,
chris

Old 01-15-2007, 02:23 PM
i dont have any of these tires but im in the same situation i've decide on the claws my self i have made a few posts like this.... i have found that the claws would probably be the best allaround. the grapplers i hear have horable longgevity and they are super super loud!!! i personaly just dont like the toyos!!! hahaha but i think the caws look the best by far and i've heard they have great street manners.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:30 PM
well it just got a little easier. My nitto rep told me that the 38" mud grapplers are discontinued. Guess i wasnt paying to much attention.

oh well.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:04 PM
a freind of mine is running the MT mtz's in 38x15r20 with some weld dune wheels on his super duty and i must say its probably the best looking set up i have ever seen.... just a thought maybe you should look into those tires... what size lift you getting to fit these tires anyways???

Old 01-15-2007, 04:18 PM
I have 35" Baja Claws and I like them so far. For such huge tread pattern, they are not as loud as I thought they would be, actually they are pretty quiet. I would definitely buy them again, they have an awesome grip and you can't get a more aggressive look IMO
Some pics:

Old 01-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd choose the Toyo's personally, followed by the Claws.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:29 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i love my baya claws, i will list the positive and the negative

pros.
1. great in mud and sand and dirt, good on the street
2. low noise
3. great wear i have over 25K on mine and at 60% tread left
4. very tough sidewalls very resistant to punctures
5. great aggresive look
6. stay ballanced very well

cons
1. derictional tire
2. need to be rotated every 3000 miles for longevity
3. non siped tire on wet icy roads do not grip well

will i buy them again hell yes best all around mud tire i have ever used, good luck, i highly recomend them

Old 01-16-2007, 04:13 AM
Will these work?

I was wondering if these tires would fit on my factory wheels. My factory tires now are P265/60 R18. I'm not sure of the exact size of the wheel itself.(I'm a noob)

Here are the tires I want...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/35x12...QQcmdZViewItem

Also, I have a 6" lift. If I get these will I have to worry about rubbing or will I have to do any modifications to the truck?

Thanks for the help...

-Matt

Quick Reply: baja claw radial ?'s