want 35's, what size lift do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
want 35's, what size lift do i need?

I know this gets asked a lot, but i cant seem to find the answer im looking for....i want to go with 35/12.50/18(mud grapplers) and possibly an 18x10(mazzi hulks) w/4.5 BS..........will this fit under a 4" lift or do i need the 6"? It will be goin on my 06 4x4 lariat 150 screw....Just want to know the best way to go and not rub ....i dont do much off roading basically goin for looks here, its not my daily driver so im not worried about the noisey tires, as long as i can still listen to the dvd/nav unit.....Thanks....

Old 12-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
THat combo will fit with a 4 or 6 inch lift. Personally, I'd go with the 5 inch RCD lift or 6 inch Fabtech lift because I believe they are the two best lifts for our trucks. Plus, you never know, you may decide later to add a body lift and go with some 37's or 38's.

Old 12-24-2005, 10:57 AM
I'd go with a Pro-Comp (K4137MX Kit should fit yours) you'll get a much better ride and still get the 35's under it.

Old 12-24-2005, 03:59 PM
So wandell what would i need to get 38's under there?...Im still new here, and im not sure ive heard of the 5" RCD? Have heard the 6"fabtech was nice, but im still not sure which direction i want to go....im trying to keep the costs down as much as possible, but i know thats impossible...might as well spend a little more and get it right the first time...So tell me wandell, lets say i do want to squeeze some 38's on, what combo would i need, also wheel tire sizes if you have those handy, i have read your posts, and you seem to have a lot of experience at this, im still an amateaur at this...i have been doing muscle car restoration for about 7-years, and im trying to pick this truck stuff up....seems like theres a lot to learn....Hope u guys can help me out....

Old 12-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BigMic
So wandell what would i need to get 38's under there?...Im still new here, and im not sure ive heard of the 5" RCD? Have heard the 6"fabtech was nice, but im still not sure which direction i want to go....im trying to keep the costs down as much as possible, but i know thats impossible...might as well spend a little more and get it right the first time...So tell me wandell, lets say i do want to squeeze some 38's on, what combo would i need, also wheel tire sizes if you have those handy, i have read your posts, and you seem to have a lot of experience at this, im still an amateaur at this...i have been doing muscle car restoration for about 7-years, and im trying to pick this truck stuff up....seems like theres a lot to learn....Hope u guys can help me out....
i would go with a 6" fabtech, 35" look really good under there, than later if you do want to go with 38" all you need is to put a body lift crank the torsion bars and a few other small modifications and you can go as big as 38" 15.5" but i would go with the fabtech lift, IMO the best 6" for the 97-03 F-150s, good luck

Old 12-24-2005, 05:20 PM
That sounds like the route im looking at, just trying to make sure im headed in the right direction.....thanks for the input bigtruck....

Old 12-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Be careful with the 10 inch wide wheels and the 4.5 inch back spacing. This will make the tire stick out about 3 inches from the fenderwells. This might not be a problem with the amount of lift you are talking about, but I have some rubbing issues with mine. I only have a 2 1/2 inch leveling kit on my '06 F150 Lariat 4X4 and I have 305/55/20 (33X12) mounted on 20X10 with 4.5 back spacing. To look at the truck from the side, there is plenty of room for the tires. They do stick out about 2-3 inches from the fenderwell. This is where the rubbing comes from. The wheels stick out far enough that when I turn sharp, the tires rub the inside of the fenderwell. I did a little trimming and I got it so I can live with it. It still rubs sometimes.

Old 12-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The 97-03's are completely different trucks than the 04-06's. On a 97-03, a 10 inch wide wheel with 4.5 inches of backspacing will put the edge of the tire just about even with the edge of the fenderflares. As dwypd stated, that same width and backspacing on a 04-06 will push the tires way outside the wheelwells.

Quick Reply: want 35's, what size lift do i need?