BFG Rugged Trail T/A

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BFG Rugged Trail T/A

Thinking of getting BFG Rugged Trail T/A size 275 65 18. Has anyone had any experience w/ these tires. I'm getting them for a pretty good price. $950 for the tires and brand new American Racing NOOZ+ chrome rims. I just want to get some feedback on the tires before I but them.

Thanks

Old 02-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Rugged Trails

I have owned my rugged trails for all of two days and I will tell you--- I love them. I have ALWAYS bought BFG All-terrains for the trucks I have owned in the past. I went to the tire store to buy All-terrains, but when I started talking to the manager of the store about the driving I do( 700 mile/ week commute) He showed me the rugged trail. I like the the semi-aggressive look they have, and after mounting, I LOVE the way the truck responds. The truck is soo quiet. I even thought I might miss the road whine the A/T's had. But I dont. Maybe I'm gettin old.
What I dont miss from the A/T's is the wander they are famous for.
The Rugged's are strait and true and offer excellent pavement cornering. (IMHO)

Old 02-25-2005, 11:20 PM
RUGGED TRAILS

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I see that you are located in central IN.......GO COLTS!!!!! Maybe next year. I'm up in northwest Indiana, Right on the tip of lake MI. Good to see another HOOSIER in the forum.

Old 02-26-2005, 03:26 AM
The rugered trail tires are good tires! I had mine on my 1992 Dodge Dakota desipte the mechanical problems of the truck the tire were great they are loud at all in fact next to no sound even down the highway at 80! They work great for on road or light duty off road. We use the truck now that we rebuilt the tranny to put out round bells of hay on our farm they spin alot in heavy mud. The tread wear on the tires is great they are BFG's after all. Over all the price for the rims and tires if the tires are close to new with little treat wear then you are getting a good deal if you do not plan on going off roading hard core.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=7848

Ford the Best Never Rest!
If it ain't built Ford though then it ain't built right!

Last edited by live_to_drive; 02-26-2005 at 03:29 AM.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:40 AM
never had the rugged trail t/a's but i have always had bfg's all terrians and mud terrains, which i have now and i love em'. heres another indiana-an!! sounds like a good price. but i got the mud terrains which are 315s and 16x10 wheels for 1300, which i didnt think was bad either. good luck.

Old 02-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Yeah good to see some other Indiana boys here!

Old 02-26-2005, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by live_to_drive
[B]The rugered trail tires are good tires! I had mine on my 1992 Dodge Dakota desipte the mechanical problems of the truck the tire were great they are loud at all in fact next to no sound even down the highway at 80! They work great for on road or light duty off road. We use the truck now that we rebuilt the tranny to put out round bells of hay on our farm they spin alot in heavy mud. The tread wear on the tires is great they are BFG's after all. Over all the price for the rims and tires if the tires are close to new with little treat wear then you are getting a good deal if you do not plan on going off roading hard core.

Thanks for the vote of confidence........Sounds exactly what I need. The truck is mostly going to used for highway travel, so I need a tire that will wear good and provide comfort on the highway. ALso, thinking of doing some soft off-road, which I think the tires should work great for. Plus, we have some pretty bad winters up here in the north part of the state.

Thank again

Old 02-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by parkerzr2
never had the rugged trail t/a's but i have always had bfg's all terrians and mud terrains, which i have now and i love em'. heres another indiana-an!! sounds like a good price. but i got the mud terrains which are 315s and 16x10 wheels for 1300, which i didnt think was bad either. good luck.
BFGS seem to be the tire of choice in this forum. I'm not planning on lifting the truck (just yet), so I don't think the 315's will work.
It looks like you did get a great deal. Belive it or not the tires I'm getting are brand new as are the American Racing 18's. I can't go wrong there for about a grand ou the door.

Old 02-26-2005, 10:44 AM
we never had that much snow while I had the tires down here in Arkansas but they did good in what little snow we did get.
Good luck

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=7848

Old 02-26-2005, 11:34 PM
lt 265 70/17 bfg R/T T/A ...replaced my cheap hancooks...excellant tire and rides good on the highway. I don't go off road but so far thease tires are excellant in snow, good work tire as well, mine are 10 ply load ratting E. also rasied the truck one inch..

Quick Reply: BFG Rugged Trail T/A