VISTEON Coil On Plug....Are they Made Anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VISTEON Coil On Plug....Are they Made Anymore?

Hey all,

Got some great advice here the other day and was told to only use VISTEON or MOTORCRAFT Coils when I replace them.
As I was looking the other night before I came here on EBay almost all of them were priced between $50 and $80 for all 8. I was expecting the Motorcraft to be not that much out of the range. They are. Today I saw a set of 8 that is $320!!

Just for the heck of it I called the local FORD dealer and asked how much they were from them.....$79....OUCH!

I haven't found any VISTEON coils at all. Seems like they aren't available. Does anyone know if they are available anymore or what?

I read a couple other posts of people asking if there were any other COILS that could be used that were cheaper and everyone was pretty INSISTENT that there aren't and STRESSED MOTORCRAFT or VISTEON.

If I have to pay that much for a coil, then I'll have to pay it. I was hoping that VISTEON would be cheaper and easy to find, but I don't think that is going to work.

I may end up doing 4 at a time....

Thanks for the help.

MUHerd.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MUHerd
Hey all,

Got some great advice here the other day and was told to only use VISTEON or MOTORCRAFT Coils when I replace them.
As I was looking the other night before I came here on EBay almost all of them were priced between $50 and $80 for all 8. I was expecting the Motorcraft to be not that much out of the range. They are. Today I saw a set of 8 that is $320!!

Just for the heck of it I called the local FORD dealer and asked how much they were from them.....$79....OUCH!

I haven't found any VISTEON coils at all. Seems like they aren't available. Does anyone know if they are available anymore or what?

I read a couple other posts of people asking if there were any other COILS that could be used that were cheaper and everyone was pretty INSISTENT that there aren't and STRESSED MOTORCRAFT or VISTEON.

If I have to pay that much for a coil, then I'll have to pay it. I was hoping that VISTEON would be cheaper and easy to find, but I don't think that is going to work.

I may end up doing 4 at a time....

Thanks for the help.

MUHerd.
Quality COPS are not cheap (unless you can find a deal on Ebay for a good set of DG508's).

Here's RockAuto's listings:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/rafr...&parttype=7060

Ol' Jbrew (our beloved - but cantankerous - engine Guru) still insists Visteon's are available (Ebay, Amazon?):

==> https://www.f150online.com/forums/v8...ml#post5098996

If in doubt, either PM him, or use this here handy signal - he usually comes a-runnin' (unless he's bizzy grillin' brewshkabobs )

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 09-17-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I haven't seen any vistions for a decent price for awhile. Next time I do I'll snag up a set. I put a set on my Vic last year. Should have bought an extra. They were only 190 for the complete set.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-Brand-New-OEM-Ignition-Coil-Visteon-60-1005-/400696398739?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d4b5dd393
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Visteon-60-1001-Ignition-Coil-Ignition-Coils-/291226990122?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43ce7b362a
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ignition-Coil-Ignition-Coils-VISTEON-60-1005-/350698613712?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51a7442bd0

Old 09-18-2014, 02:15 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
^^ At those prices, may as well just order the Motorcraft DG508's from Rockauto.com and deal with a bona-fide trusted parts supplier.... IMHO...

MGD

Old 09-18-2014, 06:04 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
MGD,-

Cantankerous; really? My Joe Congenial percentile is at an all time high! Where you been, hidden under covered bridges, (?) -you haven't spotted in quite some time ?

MUHerd,-

Can't help until I know which Visteons you need. For that, your vehicle model, vehicle year and engine information are required.

tcp2, -

Visteon 1005's are 3V
Visteon 1001's are newer 2/3v's and older DOHC engines.
Visteon 1000's are older 2valve and hard to find , =DG508.

Probably what the OP needs.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Motorcraft are 41.78 @ Rock auto. I'd buy those way before the vistions for 48 bucks

Old 09-18-2014, 07:07 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jethat
Motorcraft are 41.78 @ Rock auto. I'd buy those way before the vistions for 48 bucks
Yea, but they have been had cheaper than that. 170-180 per set. The 2 coils are identical in all the ways that count. Thermal protection, -heavy wire build magnets. Built to Ford spec.

Yea the same, harder to find, -Visteons are cheaper as a package deal. The store to call is Alanis Deals. It's an eBay store. That store has or had the resources to stock and offer Vista Pros at a reduced price.

Visteon coil records are untarnished and have been fro some time. They work, they last.

OP, if this is what your after, track down the stores number and call them. IMO, if any can get what you need Alanis can at discount.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
Yea, but they have been had cheaper than that. 170-180 per set. The 2 coils are identical in all the ways that count. Thermal protection, -heavy wire build magnets. Built to Ford spec.

Yea the same, harder to find, -Visteons are cheaper as a package deal. The store to call is Alanis Deals. It's an eBay store. That store has or had the resources to stock and offer Vista Pros at a reduced price.

Visteon coil records are untarnished and have been fro some time. They work, they last.

OP, if this is what your after, track down the stores number and call them. IMO, if any can get what you need Alanis can at discount.
I kave a set in my Vic. Seems like I got them for about 190 and at that price I would buy them again. I need a set for my truck someday..

Quick Reply: VISTEON Coil On Plug....Are they Made Anymore?