97 f150 5.4l triton v8 problems,, need help!!
my wife just got a truck from her dad, he bought it for her to travel back and forth from georgia to florida in, here is the problem,
1. it was a northern truck has some rust under fram and chasis
2. the gas tank had been patched and has been replaced
3. the transmission lines sprung a leak and replaced
4. after $500 in repairs the truck was running great
5. after about a half a tank of gas went through, it started to buck/jerk and wanting to stall out, sometimes taking off from a red light it wont even move?
6. going down the interstate if you go to pass a car it falls on its face and starts bucking
7. when this happens as your going down the road if you can,, you put it in neutrual and turn the key off and then restart the engine-put it back in drive its ok again for a while
8. it does not do it on a consistant basis i took it to the shop the checked the gas psi and said it was normal???
im wondering fuel pump, filter, but that would not explain the turn it off then turn it on (temp solution)
9. it has starting getting worse everyday though,
10. I was told that the triton engine at a certain speed it cuts out a number of cylinders for better fuel economy, if this is true can it be a faulty system shutting down the cylinders when i need them to run?
CONFUSED on this ford, im sorry to say i have been a chevy man all my life, but this is a nice truck and we love it, it just has a big bug in it,
PLEASE HELP !! thanks