Where to buy new heads?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to buy new heads?

The primary question of this post is where can I buy heads for my '01 Screw with serious blown plug issues?

I dont even want to go into the plug curse for the sake of my sanity.

I have searched old posts for this, and most posts deal with the Bigcert or taking it in to the dealer, not where to buy heads.

The truck has 160k on it, and is not worth taking it to a shop to have this work done. I want to do it my self. This truck is no longer my main ride, and it will be used for a hunting trip\second vehicle truck.

I have serched for heads and all I find is high performance\racing heads. I just want normal average heads, and not the sh1tty OEM Ford heads that cant seam to hold a plug. BTf'nW - what kind of dumb a$$ company designs a cylinder head that cant hold a plug?!?!?!?.

option 2 will be to take heads off and put the Bigcerts in all the holes. There is no way I can get that reamer in straight on the back ones while the heads on the engine.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want new heads you'll have to get OEM heads. They do not make an aftermarket head for your truck.
Best thing for you to do is pull your heads and put the bigserts in them and put them back on.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:58 AM
Angry

So that is why I can not find them, is that no one makes them.

Thanks Phil6608.

Good enough, I will be pulling out the heads and doing a cert-job on them.

Now for more of a spiritual question - What sin have I commited to be punished in this manner?

The good news is what does not kill me, makes me stronger, and this punishment will enable me to broaden my automotive repair experience. "Expereince with cylinder heads" always looks good on a CPAs resume.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check the yellow pages for a head shop you may be able to swap yours for rebuilts with the inserts already installed. I use Dover cylinder head here in the Atlanta area, they stock rebuilt heads. Or with that many miles have yours rebuilt and let the machince shop install the inserts.......

Old 03-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Ford Racing has the PI heads for $450 each and Summit Racing has them for $385 each. You pick, same head from Ford Racing. These are the late model revised heads for the 4.6l Romeo engines and are fully assembled.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:52 PM
does anyone know of 4.6 heads that offer nay performance benifets? Where could i find some?

Old 03-07-2007, 04:40 PM
The SVO/FRPP heads are great if money is no issue. They fit the NPI intake and have 52cc combustion chambers. I believe PIs are in the low 40s. So compression would be an issue(low) if used with stock PI pistons. They can easily be made to fit PI stuff thou. There are adapters which I have or many claim RTV placed in the correct spots works well too. Ive got SVO heads with PI cams and intake on my 96 Mustang. REALLLY woke it up from the stock NPI stuff..

Old 03-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Jims91
Check the yellow pages for a head shop you may be able to swap yours for rebuilts with the inserts already installed. I use Dover cylinder head here in the Atlanta area, they stock rebuilt heads. Or with that many miles have yours rebuilt and let the machince shop install the inserts.......
I will check on Dover in ATL.

Quick Reply: Where to buy new heads?