the 5.4 it's alive after swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 01:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the 5.4 it's alive after swap

I finally had some time the last couple of days to work on the swap from 4.6 to 5.4. It fired right up and so far no leaks anywhere (knock on wood) . Still dont have exhaust hooked up going to see if I can get it in tomorrow. Do you think it will hurt to drive it there if I take it easy?
Troyer is supossed to get ahold of me today or tomorrow to talk about my tune on xcal2.
COU

Old 01-24-2007, 03:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
how far we talking? cuz i assume you have the OEM shorties... to be honest i wouldnt favor driving the truck far w/o anything past the oem shorties, too much chance to get something hot you dont want to...

when i get my 5.4L built and ready to rock, im firing her up (hoping for long tube headers) and roll her up onto the trailer.

thanks for reminding me, i gotta call mike about my 97 4.6 to 02 lightning swap :P

Old 01-24-2007, 08:24 AM
about two miles can take it easy all country and some city streets.
COU

Old 01-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by cbiker
about two miles can take it easy all country and some city streets.
COU
You won't have a problem...RUN IT!

Old 01-24-2007, 03:48 PM
I finally had some time the last couple of days to work on the swap from 4.6 to 5.4. It fired right up and so far no leaks anywhere (knock on wood) . Still dont have exhaust hooked up going to see if I can get it in tomorrow. Do you think it will hurt to drive it there if I take it easy?
Troyer is supossed to get ahold of me today or tomorrow to talk about my tune on xcal2.
COU
i think you will be very pleased with your newfound torque since we all know the 5.4 is a better engine (in reference to the disgustingly long thread about mostly nothing) i have troyer tunes on mine and have had no problems. now the tranny seems to be getting a good deal more workout and isn't liking it at all...time to get a monster box.

did you do any pix?

Old 01-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Sorry no pictures it was to cold in the garage to take the time. Had the exhaust hooked up today. Still no leaks so far.
I am amazed at how much les gas you have to use to get going and maintain speed this is great. Now Ill have to start saving some money for elec. fans, long tube headers and true duel exhaust, maybe blower (wife is ) any other suggestions bigger rear diff. etc.
COU

Old 01-24-2007, 09:59 PM
just curious. which long tube headers you lookin at?

Old 01-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Klitch
just curious. which long tube headers you lookin at?
Havent really got that far yet do you have any suggestions.
COU

Old 01-25-2007, 01:59 AM
i have found dynomax has headers, supposedly long tube for $515 at summit, blackjack which is just black painted.

i believe hedman had some. i have to double check with the manufacturer that they are actually long tube and not a mistype

Old 01-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Sorry no pictures it was to cold in the garage to take the time. Had the exhaust hooked up today. Still no leaks so far.
I am amazed at how much les gas you have to use to get going and maintain speed this is great. Now Ill have to start saving some money for elec. fans, long tube headers and true duel exhaust, maybe blower (wife is ) any other suggestions bigger rear diff. etc.
COU
yeah that newfound torque is real useful on a heavy pig.i used to have to keep it in 1st to get over a speedbump now i pull off the side of the road to leave a couple rubber patches on my way home from work just to make sure i'm not dreamin

Old 01-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Talked to Troyer Performance today and started the process to get my tunes on the way xcal2.
COU

Quick Reply: the 5.4 it's alive after swap