Has any done this

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Has any done this

As anyone took temp readings from inside the stock air box on a average sunny day and then put a FIPK and did a temp reading on the air filter of the FIPK. Was there any difference...? I took of my Airaid, and put my stock back on, and cut out a good size hole in the stock air box so it could get open air if needed, but still sort of has a heat shield for it too...

Please let me know?

Old 09-19-2002, 12:00 PM
I have wondered the same thing. I had done the poor boys intake, with the K&N. Last week the Service Engine Soon light came on. The truck is under warranty, so I put the stock intake set up back on and took it to the dealership. It was a faulty sensor which they replaced under warranty. The service advisor said that Ford trucks are very sensitive about dirt coming in the intake. Because of that I have left the stock set up on so far. I think it is a toss up of heat under the hood verses under the fender and the amount of air the truck can take in from under the fender verses the poor boy set up under the hood. Any body do any testing?

Old 09-19-2002, 12:26 PM
I just did a search on 'Volant intake' and got all of the info on testing and opinions. Give it a try, you will have to make up your own mind as there are several differant views presented.

Old 09-20-2002, 12:06 AM
Talking Volant... hmmm

I have heard many good things on the Volant Air intake, but have never seen one on a 4.2? anyone got a pic? and how much?

Old 09-21-2002, 11:03 AM
Go to www.volantperformance.com for more info on the volant. Pics, etc.

Old 09-25-2002, 02:53 PM
I used to have a Volant Intake on mine, but didn't like the filter it came with, so i ordered a filter from Airaid for 30 bucks, it was huge, but perfect fit. then i had work done on the motor, and i put the stock intake back on. dont miss it.

Old 09-27-2002, 08:14 PM
Red face don't miss the Airaid

I don't miss my Airaid at all... just miss the roar it has sometimes but you know I don't miss it that much... what about engine temps anyone notice those?

Old 09-27-2002, 09:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What the he** is an Airaid? I was in the military,and we did have air raids there