frontend shake ?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 11:49 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
frontend shake ?????

Not sure if this is the correct place to post: 14 4x4 eco 4 door-long bed. Normal driving no problem,but with trailer 26 foot toyhauler,when taking off from stop for just a few feet there seems to be a (what feels like a shake or momentary vibration) in the front end or maybe drivetrain. Really hard to tell , it doesn't do it long enough to tell. Does it in 4x4 or 2 wheel drive. Dealer says nothing wrong or loose in front end. Next step is to take the trailer and have them drive and experience. Has anybody had or experienced anything like this. Its a 50 mile drive to dealer,so its a pricy drive . Thankyou for any comments.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnmanut
Not sure if this is the correct place to post: 14 4x4 eco 4 door-long bed. Normal driving no problem,but with trailer 26 foot toyhauler,when taking off from stop for just a few feet there seems to be a (what feels like a shake or momentary vibration) in the front end or maybe drivetrain. Really hard to tell , it doesn't do it long enough to tell. Does it in 4x4 or 2 wheel drive. Dealer says nothing wrong or loose in front end. Next step is to take the trailer and have them drive and experience. Has anybody had or experienced anything like this. Its a 50 mile drive to dealer,so its a pricy drive . Thankyou for any comments.
How many miles are on your truck, mtnmanut? Have you made an appointment to go in with your trailer? Let me know and I'll see what I can do to assist.

Crystal

Old 03-04-2015, 08:47 PM
roughly 16,000 mile, as soon as some of the snow melts and I can get the trailer out I was going to haul it 55 miles to the dealer for a check and an oil change. Can't take it to the local ford , they have already screwed me over and don't trust them with my lawn mower. So all oil changes and service is a 110 mile trip. Thankyou Crystal

Old 03-04-2015, 10:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Mine has a driveline vibration when i have a heavy trailer hooked up.. Usually from the taking off to about 10 mph it will do it.. Only does it when i have a load on.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Mine has a driveline vibration when i have a heavy trailer hooked up.. Usually from the taking off to about 10 mph it will do it.. Only does it when i have a load on.
Ok, sounds like the same thing, so that's 2 that do it. Something is not right. I have towed same trailer with our 06 f150 4x4 doesn't do it. A friend has a ,I think 11 or 12 theres doesn't do it. I would like to see some others chime in.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:03 AM
Ok, sounds like the same thing, so that's 2 that do it. Something is not right. I have towed same trailer with our 06 f150 4x4 doesn't do it. A friend has a ,I think 11 or 12 theres doesn't do it. I would like to see some others chime in.

You may want to check out this thread. Whats strange is i am about the only one with the issue that has the 5.5 foot bed.

http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/31...f-shudder.html

Old 03-05-2015, 12:47 PM
thanks king ranch coy, I wish I would have seen that before ,I would have never posted. yup mine is 6.5 bed-3.73 gears with the full tow package 2013 ecoboost. I have a lot of second thoughts on this truck. Blown motor at 2000 miles, now a known problem that ford can't fix. I have to agree with the one poster,new trans mount might fix but its only masking whats causing it. Hopefully with Chrystals help and the dealership feeling it this will add to fords want to correct the problem. It sounds like a very well known problem,you would really think ford would fix this.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:23 PM
thanks king ranch coy, I wish I would have seen that before ,I would have never posted. yup mine is 6.5 bed-3.73 gears with the full tow package 2013 ecoboost. I have a lot of second thoughts on this truck. Blown motor at 2000 miles, now a known problem that ford can't fix. I have to agree with the one poster,new trans mount might fix but its only masking whats causing it. Hopefully with Chrystals help and the dealership feeling it this will add to fords want to correct the problem. It sounds like a very well known problem,you would really think ford would fix this.
Your Welcome... On post 96 of the thread i linked he was able to get ford to replace it with the Raptor tranny mount under warranty.. If its a heavy duty mount i doubt that it would start happening again, But you never know.. I know damn well there is no point in me taking my truck to the local dealer cause they wont do a damn thing. Maybe one of these days when i'm close to a bigger and better dealership i will try to talk to them and see if they will do it.

Quick Reply: frontend shake ?????