4R70W Can you ID this part? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4R70W Can you ID this part? Help!

So I'm changing the Tranny oil in my 02 SCrew and find this in the bottom of the pan....

Note, this was detected prior to removing the filter screen. I have no clue as to where it goes or how it should be oriented. This is the first trans oil change on the vehicle and it has run perfectly all along (~60k miles).

If someone out there has run into this problem or knows where it goes, please go ahead and respond, wont you?

For reference - here is the bottom of the trans (pan and filter off).

Thanks,

Red

Also, I've not been able to locate the torque converter drain plug. I've removed the rubber plug, rotated at least 720 degrees (just to make sure I had gone all the way around) and could not find it.. Are there models w/out the drain plug as I don't think it should be too hard to find a 7/16 bold head!!

Thanks, one and all

Old 05-04-2007, 05:41 PM
OH no you didn't leave that out did you? The whole thing will blow up now.....

Nah don't sweat it it's the plug the factory uses to plug the filler pipe hole. When they install the transmission they just knock it in. I figured we were about due for one of these threads it's been a few weeks.
Alan

Old 05-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks..

Thanks for the quick reply w/out too much sarcasm.. As you can see it's my first post.. on the forum... I spent about 15 minutes purousing the trans threads and didn't find anything relevent (to this foreign object).. Without knowing what the "*****" shaped part is called, I had no way of searching...

Thanks again.

Red

Now about the the Torqe Coverter drain plug???

Old 05-04-2007, 06:08 PM
You have an 02 there probably isn't a drain plug in it. You'll have to drill it yourself or deal with it.
Alan

Old 05-04-2007, 06:40 PM
I'll deal with it...

Thanks again... 1/2 new fluid + filter = better than nothing..

Old 05-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Yep and if it doesn't look good afterwards put a few thousand miles on it and do it again.
Alan

Old 05-07-2007, 05:49 PM
sticky?

Just for fun, I went through the Tranny forum to see the last time this question was posed... It was 3/19 (7 pages into the forum)

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=278044

My search for "rounded-dradle-with-an-o-ring" came up with 0 hits. Should this topic be stickied to prevent, or at least limit, further queries such as mine?

Red

Old 05-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Yeah it pops up a lot, been awhile though. Purdy easy to answer, so not to worried about it.

Welcome to the forum, where 'bout's are ya?

Adrianspeeder

Old 05-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
Yeah it pops up a lot, been awhile though. Purdy easy to answer, so not to worried about it.

Welcome to the forum, where 'bout's are ya?

Adrianspeeder

You're absolutely right... it is an easy answer and luckily it only took 18 minutes for me to get answer (Thanks to DirtyDog). Hopefully future inquiries will be met with a prompt response like mine... It's unnerving finding a foreign object in your trans oil pan. I didn't want to reassemble until I knew what to do with it... I read the "sticky", I went through the first 3 pages of posts.. As mentioned before, I had no idea what to search for so I didn't use that tool (the "rounded dradle" was a joke )

I guess being chastized for my ignorance is an initiation rite of sorts...

Thanks for the welcome.. Hopefully I won't be hanging around here too often (indication that my baby has a problem). Looks like a very good resource to have.. It'll be my first stop when I do have an issue.. BTW I'm in Orange, CA.

Thanks again,

Red

Old 05-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Allrigthy, if'n ya don't mind me usin yer picture, i'll add it to the front page of the sticky.

Adrianspeeder

Old 05-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

You just made your tranny go into total meltdown by not re-installing the hooba-ma-flotchy pashotty valve flux capacitor dooma-jiggy plug!

Old 05-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
Allrigthy, if'n ya don't mind me usin yer picture, i'll add it to the front page of the sticky.

Adrianspeeder
Go for it!!! Thanks!

You just made your tranny go into total meltdown by not re-installing the hooba-ma-flotchy pashotty valve flux capacitor dooma-jiggy plug!

You see the abuse I have to deal with!!!

Quick Reply: 4R70W Can you ID this part? Help!