transgo shift kit for 4r70w

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
transgo shift kit for 4r70w

ya, i got a transgo shift kit for my 97 F150 and i was wondering if any of you guys have any experience with one of them. and if i could do it in my driveway??

Old 04-25-2007, 01:51 AM
Install it in the trash before it trashes your transmission.
transgo+4r70w=bad m'kay.
If it's an e4od which is possible in a 97 go for it, just read the directions several times before you do anything.
Alan

Old 04-25-2007, 04:32 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Jr_WaxDr
ya, i got a transgo shift kit for my 97 F150 and i was wondering if any of you guys have any experience with one of them. and if i could do it in my driveway??
I have one in my E4OD - awesome!! - Neal, Built 54 , - they have had one in there 4r70w's for years and they swear by it . Ratted #1 in shift kits on the TCCoA site.
Mike Troyer has it in his product line and that guy know's his chit - he wouldn't have it there if it was bad..
Factory techs are good as well - greg sells a new accumulater V body for our trucks too..

You need help with yours?

Old 04-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
I have one in my E4OD - awesome!! - Neal, Built 54 , - they have had one in there 4r70w's for years and they swear by it . Ratted #1 in shift kits on the TCCoA site.
Mike Troyer has it in his product line and that guy know's his chit - he wouldn't have it there if it was bad..
Factory techs are good as well - greg sells a new accumulater V body for our trucks too..

You need help with yours?
In the articles on tccoa Jerry explains well what the problems are with the 4r70w transgo kit. Not rated number1 closer to 101.
Alan

Old 04-25-2007, 03:58 PM

Well then they contradict themselves, just click on shift kits , thats were it's said-

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/index.html#

dirtydOg - You said you sell converters for an E4OD right. I'm going to have to find a used 4x4 trans for my truck soon , I can most likly find one with about 60 thousand on it in good shape to buy. Do you it might be wise to just install a new converter with the used unit ? I'll look you up when I'm ready for that converter - your not that far away..

Would you or someone you may know be interested in my core that's close - I'm about an hour from Ohio..

Thanx..

Last edited by jbrew; 04-25-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:23 PM
If you read OD 101 you'll see the real information. That site really really needs updating. Any pre97 e40d needs an updated converter the lockup pistons come apart.
Alan

Old 04-25-2007, 10:44 PM

Okay thanx for the info- Thats sites has some interesting info, I wish there was a good E4OD site avalible for troubleshooting. From the bits an pieces I collected over the last year - My forward clutch seal is leaking and I finally spun the stator - That's why I have a damn slip at takeoff that keeps haunting me - only happends when warmed up..

Looks like it wouldn't be worth me fixing , although I want to .

If the prob was write behind the pump , then I would..

But yeah some of there info is dated..

Wish I had enough canoly for that Monster in a box

Thanx

Old 05-02-2007, 12:02 AM
ya. i put that shift kit in last wednesday and it is working pretty sweet. When i mash the gas hard enough i can get it to squeel the tires going into second

Old 05-04-2007, 02:30 AM
Originally Posted by jbrew
Well then they contradict themselves, just click on shift kits , thats were it's said-

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/index.html#

Thanx..
Is it just me or did the same guy (Jerry) that wrote the article explaining why
you should never drill the seperator plate, write another article explaining what sizes and where to drill the seperator plate for fimer shifts? Now should I follow his mod. instructions or rely on my edge for increased line pressures for my firmer shifts. How long term is it before transmission failure using a drilled seperator plate?

Edit: nevermind, I guess he said drill the valve body in OD trans. 101, and the mod. was just enlarging seperator plate holes.

Originally Posted by dirtyd0g
Install it in the trash before it trashes your transmission.
transgo+4r70w=bad m'kay.
If it's an e4od which is possible in a 97 go for it, just read the directions several times before you do anything.
Alan
Oh yeah, and could someone please explain why it's bad to install the transgo in a 4r70w, Klitch has been running one and beating on it with 35's off road in a 4x4 with no problems as far I know.

Last edited by flareside4life; 05-04-2007 at 02:49 AM.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Well Jerry did a better job of explaining it all than I ever could. Do a search on Modular Depot and you will find a thread he explained it all very clearly. You will find people that really know what they are doing if they are determined to use a transgo, don't use all of it. Some of the stuff does some bad things.
Alan

Quick Reply: transgo shift kit for 4r70w