6.5" of Lift - But No Tires till December!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6.5" of Lift - But No Tires till December!!!

THE TRUCK:
98 4x2 F-150

MODS SO FAR:
Performance Accessories 3" Body Lift

NEAR-FUTURE MOD:
Fabtech 3.5" Spindle Lift

THE QUESTION:
I already did the 3" body lift and want to do the 3.5" spindle lift in a few weeks, but the problem is that I won't be able to afford my new wheels and tires (+/- $1,600) until December! So I'll have to drive around for 3-4 months with 265/70R16's on my stock wheels, which I think will look pretty ridiculous because it looks a little funny now! What do you all think?
Should I wait till I can afford the wheels and tires to do the spindle lift? I can't bear the thought of having to wait all the way till December without doing any mods!
Or should I just lift it now and live with the small tires for now?
Opinions?

Last edited by butter-cheese; 07-26-2002 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-18-2002, 01:21 PM
i understand this pain. I had to wait 6 months between body lift and tires...it sucked. Maybe you should wait a couple months, like late sept, early oct., install the spindle (to satisfy that mod-adding urge until dec.), then install the tires. If you install the spindle now, you'll be ready to do another mod in a couple months...at least this way, you can add and not get that "my truck needs something new" feel until dec...

Old 07-18-2002, 01:27 PM
PLEASE wait until you get your tires & wheels!!!!!

I saw one of the funniest things ever not too long ago. It was a new 4x4 Chebby Suburban lifted about 3 inches with those ridiculous little low-rider rims and tires on it....I still laugh when I think about it. This set-up I'm referring to is about the equivalent of what you are considering with 6.5" of lift and stockers.

Old 07-22-2002, 04:02 PM
Wait!!!!
I'm in the same boat. I can hardly wait. Can't stand it! but I'm waiting. It would just look to strange. Not to mention lifting it even more, without the width of the larger wheels & tires is going to make the truck more unstable.

Old 07-23-2002, 07:52 PM
I had that same predicament with my bronco. Do yourself a favor and stick with the 3'' body lift for now. With stock tires, 6.5'' of lift is gonna look like ***, bro. Oh well its your choice - so damn tempting isnt it!

Old 07-26-2002, 04:01 PM
Extremely tempting! I think I'm gonna at least order the Fabtech 3.5" Spindle Lift kit now so I have it and I don't spend the money on something else... then when I really can't take it anymore I'll install it.

Old 07-29-2002, 12:49 AM
Please wait... with the 3" body your stock tires are already looking noticeably small (anyone with a lifted truck can spot this, btw) and if you go up to 6.5" with stock tires it will look BAD, very very bad.

Laurence

Old 07-29-2002, 12:18 PM
kev
That sucks. I only drove my truck for one day with the stock tires and lift and that was bad enough. I couldn't imagine 6 months! My advice would be to save up for tires first, buy them and buy the lift second. I wouldn't install that lift without putting tires on real soon. My tires sat for a month in my garage until I bought my body lift. The lift went on and the tires went on the next day after work.

kev

Old 08-15-2002, 04:46 PM
hey if you can afford your rims i have a set of 36"s i'll sell to you for cheap there in good condition but they are used i am only asking $400 obo this way you can have your truck up in the air for about 4 or 5 mo. and can save for your other tires they are super swamper tsl's.
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=1680

Quick Reply: 6.5" of Lift - But No Tires till December!!!