06 FX4 Supecrew lift kit recomendation/

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 FX4 Supecrew lift kit recomendation/

I have an 06 FX4 Supercrew. i have helo maxx 6 wheels with 285 bfg ats. i want to upgrade to 35 mud terrains. i know peopl fit 35s with a leveling kit but i have the aftermarket rims which i think may rub because of the offset. i think my rims are 18 x 9s, they stick out about 1.5" on each side. would i need a 4" or 6" lift to accomidate this? what are some good lifts i should consider. and is the 4 wheelparts shop a good place to have one installed?

thanks for the help.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd recommend the 6 inch Fabtech lift. As for 4Wheel Parts, they are a large chain store. Some of them are great, some of them suck. Maybe some member can give you some insite on your local one if you post it's location.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:11 AM
i would be using the location in jacksonville. but i could go anywhere from jx to daytona to orlando for a good shop.

wendell, which fabtech kit, iit seems like there a few. i still want to be able to haul my boat and trailer with the truck, was even thinking of addding an add a leaf in to keep the back end up. do i need the more expensive kit with the coilovers?

Old 03-04-2009, 03:37 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
With Fabtech, the coilovers & steering stabilizer will give you a much better ride, but it will have nothing to do with being able to tow your boat. An add-a-leaf will help stiffen up the rear end. Hellwig offers air springs, helper springs, and sway bars that will help you out with your boat hitched to the truck.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:38 AM
AIR
SPRINGS
Kit # 6006

- Better handling and control under heavily loaded conditions
- The ability to level even the heaviest loads
- Increased vehicle stability in cornering situations
- Reduced bottoming of the vehicle's suspension
- Comes complete with all parts needed for easy installation

The newest additions to the Hellwig line-up of tow and haul products. Offering better handling and control under heavily loaded conditions these kits increase stability and control, reduce bottoming, and provide the ability to level the heaviest loads from left to right and front to rear. Featuring an air spring with superior ride quality, this unit softens typical loaded ride conditions by transferring load from the vehicle's leaf spring to the Hellwig Air Spring. Hellwig Air Springs offer longer suspension travel, ease of adjustment, simple installation and years of heavy duty load control. These heavy duty air assisted helper systems provide load leveling capability with compressed air applied to the air springs which are mounted between the vehicle frame and suspension. Each Hellwig Air Kit is specifically designed to maximize the safe load carrying capacity of your vehicle up to its Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. Available with manual fill using a remote air supply (standard) or add in-cab controls or automatic load leveling. With its simple bolt on design these kits can be installed with common hand tools (some kits may require drilling). Do it yourself or have a professional install it. Either way you get outstanding performance from Hellwig Air Systems. Hellwig Air Kits come complete with double convolute heavy duty air springs, heavy duty powder coated components, zinc plated hardware, air line, fill valves and installation instructions. Give your vehicle its full capability to tow and haul with improved vehicle and load control, correct head light direction, better handling and improved drivability.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:41 AM
SWAY BARS

* Greatly improved cornering traction for safer driving and cornering capabilities
* Heat formed and treated for high durablity and performance
* Every Hellwig Sway Bar is engineered and developed for your specific application
* Fast, Easy "bolt-on" installation with simple hand tools (Some kits may require drilling)
* Million Mile Warranty
* FRONT & REAR SWAY BAR SOLD SEPARATELY

For your money, the best aftermarket investment you can make! Hellwig Sway Bars are far and away the most effective handling upgrade you can make to your vehicle. Hellwig sway bars offer quick bolt-on installation that’s engineered to perform. An immediate improvement will be felt when you drive through the first corner with a Hellwig Sway Bar installed. Though most vehicles come equipped with factory installed sway bars, they are often insufficient for today’s load and tow demands. Hellwig sway bars feature larger than stock diameters and precision engineered components to optimize handling and reduce body roll. Every Hellwig Sway Bar is designed for a specific vehicle; our sway bars are not universal fit kits and Hellwig does not weld any fixtures or tabs to its alloy sway bars. Manufactured with heat treated ASTM 4140 alloy steel in our California based facility, these sway bars include integral forged end link landings, high durometer polyurethane bushings, heavy duty zinc plated hardware and powder coated components. The sway bar features an attractive “Hammertone” custom finish which not only provides years of trouble free service but also retains lubrication more effectively in critical areas. With its simple bolt on design these kits can be installed with common hand tools(some kits may require drilling). Do it yourself or have a professional install it. Either way you get outstanding performance. Hellwig sway bar systems enable Truck, SUV, Vans, Motorhome and Performance Car drivers to handle wind, passing trucks, winding roads and everyday driving with more confidence, control and stability.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:43 AM
LP-15

This helper spring line fits the Mid-size and Small pick-up groups. Manufactured with heat treated ASTM 5150 alloy spring steel in our California based facility, these units increase your vehicles level load carrying capacity up to the manufacturer’s Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. Featuring heavy duty components and easy to read installation instructions this helper spring line-up does a lot of work for its size. Simple bolt on design using common hand tools provide the installer ease of installation and the vehicle owner hassle free use. “Set it and forget it”. With its Progressive Spring Rate this helper spring automatically adjusts its spring rate to the load applied to the vehicle. For example, with the Progressive design the vehicle must be loaded and its spring compressed to activate the Hellwig spring, therefore as the vehicles load increases the Hellwig helper spring progressively increases its resistance to the load. Packaged in one kit this unit comes complete with plated and powder coated components, spring leaves, heavy duty hardware and installation instructions to make this unit easy to install and use. Fine tune your vehicles leaf spring suspension to suit your particular needs by adjusting the heavy duty u-bolts provided. If your tow and haul needs change, simply adjust the heavy duty u-bolts to suit the new requirement. Once installed and adjusted you are free to haul and or tow a multitude of equipment and commodities with greater control and stability.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:48 AM
thank you for all the info. without the hellwig acc but with the fabtech lift, would the towing capcity be about the same as stock? or will i need the hellwig stuff just to get back to normal?

if i don't go with the coilovers initially will the ride be rougher than stock?

is fabtech considered to be one of the better 6" lift kits?

Old 03-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by tncn
thank you for all the info. without the hellwig acc but with the fabtech lift, would the towing capcity be about the same as stock? or will i need the hellwig stuff just to get back to normal?

if i don't go with the coilovers initially will the ride be rougher than stock?

is fabtech considered to be one of the better 6" lift kits?
I would say Fabtech is the best 6" lift, I've heard some problems with Pro Comp, but I'm not so sure. Fabtech is better than Pro Comp, IMO.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fabtech would do fine with towing and if needed you could do the add-a-leaf like mentioned early. just get the basic, it will do fine

Old 03-04-2009, 09:03 PM
does 4200 installed for the following sound right. a 6" fabtech lift kit installed and 4 35" procomp xtreme tires mount, bal, etc on my own aftermarket rims. is 4200 out the door good?

also could i run the 6" lift for awhile on my 285 bfg at's on my helo maxx 6 rims. how bad would that look?

Quick Reply: 06 FX4 Supecrew lift kit recomendation/