Camburg Upper Control Arms

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Camburg Upper Control Arms

Hello Everyone,

About 2 years ago I replaced the stock uppers because they were bad and was told they would keep wearing out with the leveling kit, so I had the camburg unball upper control arms installed on my 2004 F150. It has been a pain in my butt. Nice yes, but didnt realize the problem to get the front end alligned took 3 shops. Secondly you require 5+ backspacing and the stock rims wont work ok fine. Had 5" backspace on rims but put the stock winter tires on noway will this work without tons of rubbing on a arms. wish I would of saved the $600. Not all that happy just my 2 cents.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by fireman1982
Hello Everyone,

About 2 years ago I replaced the stock uppers because they were bad and was told they would keep wearing out with the leveling kit, so I had the camburg unball upper control arms installed on my 2004 F150. It has been a pain in my butt. Nice yes, but didnt realize the problem to get the front end alligned took 3 shops. Secondly you require 5+ backspacing and the stock rims wont work ok fine. Had 5" backspace on rims but put the stock winter tires on noway will this work without tons of rubbing on a arms. wish I would of saved the $600. Not all that happy just my 2 cents.
That sucks your not happy. I'm not sure if you read up on em or how much, but they should have had some info on their webite about required wheels with the 5" of backspacing.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Well at the time I had wheels that would work but with some rubbing. But I noticed now they say on there website 5" backspace minimum and factory wheels may not work.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Other than the backspacing issue, Have you had any problems with them? Have they worn out at all or have they needed to be serviced? If you had wheels with enough bs to clear, would you be happy with the purchase or is there another issue?

Old 02-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Those arms are made to have bigger wheels tires with them, Not ideal for OEM replacement. Its a bigger arm, and on a uniball, allowing more travel and performace, With the correct tire upgrade and rims, those arms work great. And what alignment problems were there that it took that many shops to figure out? Has no one seen a heim before? Just spin them in or out to adjust camber at ride hight..pretty simple. And if those run off bushings, should have a adjusting cam bolt.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by fireman1982
Well at the time I had wheels that would work but with some rubbing. But I noticed now they say on there website 5" backspace minimum and factory wheels may not work.
They had stated that quite some time ago. Just so ya know. Still, I am sorry for the trouble your having. Try selling the Camburgs in the classified section. Should be able to recoup most of that cash, if they look new and not abused. Or sell em on Craigs or ebay. Either way, then you'd only be out a little bit of cash, no big deal. Then go and buy OEM replacement ones and your good to go.

FWIW- I see no point in these upper control arms. They simply look nice. No real performance gains. I have NEVER ever, in all my trail riding and comps, ever seen an upper control arm on our type of trucks, broken. More flex is useless if you have stock cv's, since they limit your flex anyways. Putting them in severe angles, when they weren't designed for that, will be bad. Uniball vs. ball joint is nice, but not worth the coin IMO. Sell em, get the cash back, put it towards OEM parts and some other cool doodad. My 2 cents anyways. Good luck man, and sorry they are nothing but trouble for ya.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Hey guys,
As i said they are very high quality and great looking product but just alot of hassles. I wouldnt recommend without a lift kit to much positive camber. No other problems with uniballs, stock uppers were shot in no time with leveling kit thought I would solve the problem forever.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey guys,
As i said they are very high quality and great looking product but just alot of hassles. I wouldnt recommend without a lift kit to much positive camber. No other problems with uniballs, stock uppers were shot in no time with leveling kit thought I would solve the problem forever.

Quick Reply: Camburg Upper Control Arms