Fabtech Coils!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabtech Coils!

Everyone with fabtech coils, how far do you have them cranked? Pics would be awesome or a measurent at least. Because I just replaced my 6 in. fabtech lift with AS 2 in. spacer with dirtlogic coils and now the front end sits lower then before. The shop that installed them said that these coils are not height adjustable. BULLSH*T I said. The whole point of me spending the extra money on this was not to lower my truck but to eliminate the stacking of components the is so frowned upon!

Old 02-11-2009, 09:22 PM
I'll get back to you on this one. If all goes well then I should be getting my Fabtech DLs thrown on this weekend cranked 2" via sbchris. I believe Eff One Fifty currently has his dirt logics cranked 2" on his 6" procomp so maybe he'll be able to chime in before I do.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't understand how anyone could look at a coilover shock with a threaded collar and say they are not adjustable.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by wandell
I can't understand how anyone could look at a coilover shock with a threaded collar and say they are not adjustable.
Exactly, that was my point to them. but they said that thay had called fabtech which supposedly told them that cranking down on the coils only increases the stiffness of the ride not the height. I think this shop is just being lazy, thats why if can see where other guys have them cranked to, I can bring in some pics to show them! I have been dealing with this shop for the last 2 years on my truck work from new ball joints, brakes, drive lines to alinements not sure what there probem is now.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:13 AM
mine are cranked with 8 threads showing. here are some shots i have of it they arent the best but just what i have off hand

Old 02-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Eff One Fifty
mine are cranked with 8 threads showing. here are some shots i have of it they arent the best but just what i have off hand

So being cranked 8 threads gave you the extra two inch lift to replace the old lift and spacer?

Old 02-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
he never had a 2" spacer like you but it should

Old 02-12-2009, 06:03 PM
If you don't crank them at all, it should be just the same as it was with your 6" lift before the 2" AS. The instructions say to start off with 1" of threads showing above the spanner nut and then adjust from there depending on ride height. That's why you should take down a measurement of what it is before you start so you can get back to that. Sounds like you already had 8" in the front, no?

Last edited by Indo; 02-12-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Hey Eff One Fifty,

With them cranked down 8 threads, how many threads are left below? What I'm getting at is how much extra lift do you think you could get out of the DL's if you cranked them as far as you could?

Old 02-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Heres mine . I did not crank mine any. Thats the way they came from Fabtech. As you can see theres plenty of threads left . But that doesn't mean you can crank them that far . I'd think it would affect your angles.

Last edited by 06 SANDSTONE; 02-12-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:10 AM
i know i can crank them more, but they clear for now. i have been thinking about doing it though. and there are like 20 more threads avalible to crank but i dont think anyone has the manpower to crank them that high haha

Old 02-13-2009, 10:30 AM
I took my truck back to the shop made them pull the coils out and crank them up. Now the truck is sitting level again. I think they were just being lazy and did not want to pull everything apart again. But they took care of me they even did a new alignment and no charge for the extra work. They could of saved themselves a lot of time and headache had they just done what I asked for in the first place a leveled look! The same as when I first dropped it off.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:01 AM
you dont even have to take anything apart to crank them. just jack it off the ground and use the tool and you can crank them like that. its very simple. they were just idiots hahaha

Old 02-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by butter180
Everyone with fabtech coils, how far do you have them cranked? Pics would be awesome or a measurent at least. Because I just replaced my 6 in. fabtech lift with AS 2 in. spacer with dirtlogic coils and now the front end sits lower then before.
First off you need to read this and get familiar with your new coilovers.

http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/pd...on%20Sheet.pdf

The instructions tell you how to etup the coilover to get a baseline. Take a measurement from the tire to the fender. From there follow the instructions on how to cranck the upper spring perch to raise the truck. Keep cranking until you reach the desired height. Cranking the coilover 2" will yeild more than a 2" overall lift. Notice the old lift spacer was not 2" thick for a 2" lift. More like 1 3/8" thick.

Hint. It is easier to crank a half inch at a time from side to side. This keeps the swaybar from adding resistance to cranking the threaded spring perch.

Enjoy

Quick Reply: Fabtech Coils!