Could I get by using a body lift for an Ex-Cab on a Screw?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could I get by using a body lift for an Ex-Cab on a Screw?

Here's the deal. I'm picking up some Toyo 38's this weekend hopefully to put on my supercrew. I've got a body lift + gap guards from when I was going to lift my extended cab F150 last year. The problem is that the body lift is a different SKU than the body lift for my screw. Does anybody know what the actual difference is between these lifts for these two trucks? I can't get anybody to buy my body lift + guards so I might as well put it to use.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:21 PM
there should be no difference! But id contact Perforance Accessories and ask them. The kits usually come with extra spacer blocks and hardware. All you need to know is that all the bracketry is all the same. If you can get a parts list for a Screw kit then compare that with what you have.

it should be fine!

Old 07-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The kit for the Screw should have two more spacers, bolts and washers than the kit for the Supercab.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Ok thanks guys. I'll call up Performance Acessories and see if they can't send me a few more parts if I need them. One more thing. The tires I have on there now have worn down to nothing VERY QUICKLY. I changed out all of my upper/lower balljoints plus inner/outer tie rod ends and had an alignment done several months ago. While the alignment was near spot on, I think I may have still somehow mixed up the tie rod ends when installing them. Either way, the center and inside tread of the tires have worn down to nothing and the outer parts of the tires seem to have the most tread. Since rotating my tires month or two ago, it's insane how quickly it has worn the front ones down. Could my tie rods have caused this or was it something else that did this? I'd like to get this taken care of before I put the new tires on. Thanks for the help guys.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:50 PM
not sure about the alignment problem. But make sure the stablalizer endlinks are still in-tac that is the bar that runs from the sway bar to the lower control arm. they are known to fail. IF the lift you have on the truck uses the stock ones this is a possibility, or if the bushings arent (poly) then they might be deteriorated.(spll)

but on the lift: dont buy anything just come down on the 26th and ill give you all my extra hardware and spacers!

Old 07-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
not sure about the alignment problem. But make sure the stablalizer endlinks are still in-tac that is the bar that runs from the sway bar to the lower control arm. they are known to fail. IF the lift you have on the truck uses the stock ones this is a possibility, or if the bushings arent (poly) then they might be deteriorated.(spll)

but on the lift: dont buy anything just come down on the 26th and ill give you all my extra hardware and spacers!

Thanks, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it down there on the 26th though. Where in Tampa are you? I'm picking up the Toyos from a guy in Seffner, which looked like was near/around Tampa on Mapquest. Is that anywhere near you? Would you mind if I picked up that stuff if I ended up picking up the tires this weekend?

Old 07-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by _cashel
Thanks, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it down there on the 26th though. Where in Tampa are you? I'm picking up the Toyos from a guy in Seffner, which looked like was near/around Tampa on Mapquest. Is that anywhere near you? Would you mind if I picked up that stuff if I ended up picking up the tires this weekend?
yeah man! I frequent seffner pretty often! Just let me know!

My name is Cecil.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Awesome, thanks man. My name is Ryan. I'll shoot you a PM later this week to let you know when I'll be in the area.

Quick Reply: Could I get by using a body lift for an Ex-Cab on a Screw?