Auto Springs 2.0 front lift

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 12:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Auto Springs 2.0 front lift

I bit the bullet today and ordered the 2" front lift from Auto Springs for my 2004 f-150 4x4 Supercrew. With the Thanksgiving holiday being this week, I more than likely will not recieve it until next Monday. I am looking forward to getting this thing leveled out a little. The trailer towing package option makes the rear to front rake unbearable.
I will also be recieving my X-Calibrator from Mike Troyer next week so I should have some good things to report. Mike has tuned my Lightning and Cobra and in my opinion is the BEST there is in this business.
I am a little concerned about readjusting my headlights once the the truck is leveled out. I have not seen any way to do so, but I haven't looked that hard yet.
I have also installed the Undercover hard tonneau, and a Bed Rug. I recommend both of these products.
Marc

Old 11-23-2004, 12:22 AM
I got the Autospring kit and I haven’t re-adjusted my headlights yet. So far, nobody has blinked me so I’m assuming they aren’t that far off.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We just finished a 2400 mile round trip up to Washington for the weeks holidays and at night we had numerous drivers flashing at us in low beams, first thing i thought was the 2" lift and needing to adjust the lights, we just came back to Vegas tonight so I will probably refer to the owners manual as there is a section on bulb adjustment (I think).

Old 11-29-2004, 03:40 PM
yes the manual has a page that shows you how to adjust your lights. I was looking at it earlier.

Old 12-02-2004, 09:36 PM
lift

im going to install the 2.5 inch kit considering you installed the 2 inch kit do you think the 2.5 kit will be too much thanks for the help

Old 12-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Mine is going in tomorrow morning. I will let you know how much lift it actually provided.

Old 12-03-2004, 09:56 PM
With the use on a friends rack and his assistance we installed the 2 inch Auto Springs front lift in my truck this afternoon in 1 hour flat. Installation is a piece of cake if you have the right tools.
Another 25 minutes after installation for the alignment and now the truck looks like it should of from the factory..
I recommend this kit to those interested in leveling their ride...

Old 12-03-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Marc Carpenter
With the use on a friends rack and his assistance we installed the 2 inch Auto Springs front lift in my truck this afternoon in 1 hour flat. Installation is a piece of cake if you have the right tools.
Another 25 minutes after installation for the alignment and now the truck looks like it should of from the factory..
I recommend this kit to those interested in leveling their ride...
Glad to hear everything went smooth on the install. Now you have to get some pics posted. Hey, did you get your X-Calibrator yet?

Old 12-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Do not have the X-calibrator yet. Mike sent me the tune sheets to fill out and send back to him so he can get started on the tuning.
Once I get it and have had a chance to install one of the programs I will get back to you with the results. However, Mike has done ALL my tuning. My Cobra put out 470hp/511lb.ft and my Lightning made 495hp/628lb.ft both with very safe AF ratios, and both on 94 octane fuel.
So I know what the new SCrew will do once he does his majic...

Old 12-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Marc Carpenter (snip...)

So I know what the new SCrew will do once he does his majic...
I’m waiting to see the magic myself. I just got my tracking # emailed to me tonight for the X-calibrator I ordered. I’m getting a 93-octane performance, 93 tow & an 87-octane performance. I can’t get 94-octane in FL

Old 12-05-2004, 09:50 PM
If you got it from Mike you will like the results. I rode in Anitas truck (Mikes wife) and on the 93 octane maximum performance tune it really puts down some power. You can smoke the tires at will and the shift points are unbelieveable...Can't wait to get mine.

Quick Reply: Auto Springs 2.0 front lift