Thinking about it? E-Force

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about it? E-Force

Well I'm doing quite a bit of towing with my f-150 lately & my TT is really taxing it. I considered buying an F-250, but optioned out like my f-150 it was $55k.

I thought at 7k ($6500 + $400 4x4 kit) e-force supercharger would be much cheaper and provide the extra punch I'm looking for during towing. Since my truck is paid off it also makes since not to take on a new note for an F-250. It should also be pretty fun when not towing. adside from the need to stop at every gas station along my route.

No need to sell me on a less costly superchargers that make more power. I know older versions are very good, but I really like the design of the e-force and the that everything is included including the tuner.

My question is around the tranny & rearend. Tech Guys at Edelbrock say the stock tranny will hold.

Is it ok to assume the stock tranny & rearend will hold up for a while? I know my same tranny came stock in other supercharged trucks like roush so I'd assume it could handle the extra power.

I know a valve body & shift kit will help with shifting, but I'm mostly wanting to know if the stock tranny with the e-force tune will get the job done.

I have 45K miles on the truck now. 2007 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 5.4 FlexFuel 3.73 gears.

Last edited by sugar-rush; 02-06-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:17 AM
rear end is fine it will last longer then the truck will most likely...

A bigger tranny cooler and a good valvebody like one from BC Automotive will help the stock tranny last while towing with the extra power of the supercharger...

Fuel Mileage will suck, but it will add some extra pep...

Old 02-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't refer to our more powerful as "cheaper versions". They were around long before Edlebrock decided to tweak the very outdated Eaton roots and stuff it in a pretty package.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:06 AM
I dont get how Edelbrock is charging 7K for their kit. Crazy.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by twinskrewd
Don't refer to our more powerful as "cheaper versions". They were around long before Edlebrock decided to tweak the very outdated Eaton roots and stuff it in a pretty package.

No disrespect was meant by that brother. I see now how bad that sounded, but i only meant to try an head off topic comments refering me to other brands that cost less. Sure didn't sound that way though. Sorry.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:28 AM
IMO your paying for Vic Edelbrocks name, I mean don't get me wrong it's a extremely nice looking kit. I know you said not to steer you to another kit but Banks also has a supercharger its not on there site but if you call them they will give you details.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Yes, honestly save your money, and buy a Whipple or a roush... You can get the same power, same reliability, etc. for much less money...

There is nothing really "better" about the edelbrock kit for your situation. For someone looking for some absolute power it has great potential, but even then the Whipple would take over eventually.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:52 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
but fatherford, spending more money on something makes it better right????

Old 02-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by sugar-rush
No disrespect was meant by that brother. I see now how bad that sounded, but i only meant to try an head off topic comments refering me to other brands that cost less. Sure didn't sound that way though. Sorry.
No problem. All is well.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
rear end is fine it will last longer then the truck will most likely...

A bigger tranny cooler and a good valvebody like one from BC Automotive will help the stock tranny last while towing with the extra power of the supercharger...

Fuel Mileage will suck, but it will add some extra pep...
Thanks for the replys. I really don't want to defend my choice, but it has nothing to do with "it costing more so it must be better". I rode is a friends mustang that had it and I really liked how the SC was pretty quiet. I know there are very powerful versions that cost less, make more power, etc, etc, etc. More power makes me worry even more about the tranny. Someday I might build a motor & tranny for it swap pulleys to make more power, but for now I think it best fits my needs.

Back to the OP. FATHERFORD Thanks for the tranny cooler idea. I have been trying to find a fan to put on the factory cooler for sometime without success. If you know of one that would help. I really can't buy an aftermarket cooler until the e-force is in due to not knowing the space limits though.

The value bodys aren't that much so I'll go ahead and pick one up to install along side the SC.

My door sticker says trans code Q = 4R75E rated at 750 ft lb so we should be good.

Last edited by sugar-rush; 02-06-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by sugar-rush
Thanks for the replys. I really don't want to defend my choice, but it has nothing to do with "it costing more so it must be better". I rode is a friends mustang that had it and I really liked how the SC was pretty quiet. I know there are very powerful versions that cost less, make more power, etc, etc, etc. More power makes me worry even more about the tranny. Someday I might build a motor & tranny for it swap pulleys to make more power, but for now I think it best fits my needs.

Back to the OP. FATHERFORD Thanks for the tranny cooler idea. I have been trying to find a fan to put on the factory cooler for sometime without success. If you know of one that would help. I really can't buy an aftermarket cooler until the e-force is in due to not knowing the space limits though.

The value bodys aren't that much so I'll go ahead and pick one up to install along side the SC.

My door sticker says trans code Q = 4R75E rated at 750 ft lb so we should be good.
The quietness of the blower has more to do with the intake setup then the blower itself. My Saleen kit(which the same people designed the edelbrock blower) I can't hear at all. Apparently the roush with the roush intake is pretty quite as well. It's when an open element intake setup is used when blowers are real loud.

The transmission will last as long as the tune is right. Not sure how edelbrocks out of box tunes are. Keep it cool, and have the shifts firm and crisp. A good valve body with a good solid transmission tune will have the clutches last.

You might want to look into a larger heat exchanger since you plan to tow. It comes with a decent one to begin with, but you might want a bigger dual pass setup.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Yeah I live in bentonville AR and no one tunes around here. Have to go 2.5 hrs west to Tulsa OK. That's one of the reasons for the e-force. Most others I'd install and need to transport to Tulsa for tune. I'll call Banks & talk to them about what they have before purchase is made.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Im done here in malvern arkansas when you get it installed I need to come up and take a ride lol

Old 02-08-2011, 12:18 AM
The e force kit looks good. Its the most complete kit with injectors and throttle body upgrade and all. However for that price you can make 10 psi with any other blower set up and have easily 20-40 rwhp more then that kit for $2-3k less

Old 02-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Wish there were a bunch of options for '09-'10's.

Quick Reply: Thinking about it? E-Force